Ripcord - USB power for 9V wall wart boxes

OT mk1 runs great via usb. I got the 6v cable, don’t think is same for OT mk2.

1 Like

OTMK2 is the 12v cable. Works just fine from USB power once you got that plugged in.

1 Like

Thanks Guys.
I’ve a mk1 which I rarely get to use.
This cable would allow me to mess around with it on my lunch break sitting in the car.

Just FYI, you need the DC Tip Adapter 2.1mm to 2.5mm and it is 6V center positive

2 Likes

Hi guys. My MyVolts ripcord for a Digitakt just arrived. It works from my Macbook Air USB out, but my question is (im not really good at electricity) i want to buy special powerbank for it. What should i check for? I mean - as i checked there are different output powers off powerbanks. Im looking at three powerbanks to buy.
One of them has an output: 5V, 2100 mA.
The other is 5 V / 3 A
and the last one with i want to buy has three different outputs: 5.1V 2.4A / 9V (2A Max.) / 12V (1.5A Max.).

Should i be woried about something? For example with that last powerbank with three outputs - will the digitakt work on all of them? Or for example some of them have to much power, or to less?

I have a Digitakt working with a 12000 mA 2.4 A and a 20000 mA 3.0 works aswell.

However I have a cheap 24000 mA 2.4A that doesnt work.

So dont grab the cheapest, read the comments if it is amazon or any website that has reviews…

Also, whatever you do, dont assume that the ripcord can power up from the wall, you ll fry the ripcord cable. Always power up from a power bank…

A good powerbank can go a long way, heck my Hydrasynth Desktop can be powered with the same ripcord as the Digitakt from my 3.0 A powerbank…

This powerbank will be able to power your Digitakt without the use of a ripcord. You just need an appropriate cable to run from the 12V out of the bank to the Digitakt.

I would recommend the 3A powerbank over the 2.1A (2100 mA), just to be sure there’s enough oomph to power the DT once it gets stepped up to 12V.

1 Like

Would it be possible to connect 2 different pieces of gear to the same powerbank, using 2 of these cables if the powerbank has 2 outputs with the same current? Anyone tested this?

I do this. As long as the power bank can supply each of the ripcords with enough power, you should be fine. One thing to consider: the ripcords USB-plugs are rather large, this might be problematic with a vertical alignment of the ports on some power banks.
I use this one:

with a 12V-ripcord for a synth and a 9V one for several pedals. Works really well!
1 Like

That’s nuts, I saw the op product on amazon yesterday claiming to be able to specifically run a bit of gear I just ordered and I thought, “hmmmmm, I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, i’ll pass”.

£12, hmmm, not bad.