RIP: MnM / MD / MD - UW - TRIBUTE COMP?

Btw my submission above does have sampled sounds (running from the MDUW but not originally from the MDUW or Mono), so according to your new rules it doesn’t qualify?

December Seems Ok, just mega far off.
But i know that the extra time learning the MachineDrum An MonoMachine will definitely help get better tracks from most of us.
Im definitely in on the Tribute Comp.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think because its a tribute to these silver boxes only that it will be nice to use only those two… maybe if you change the sounds to monomachine sounds (you’ve got plenty of time)
It was also stated in earlier posts that it would be a nice idea to use MnM and MD only
Nice song by the way!

I too don’t have outboard EQ etc at this moment, but I’ve got good ITB ones. Maybe we have to do some mastering by one person, so it will sound all good (there was a post from someone who wanted to do do it). So its fine that you don’t have mastering tools, not everybody’s got that…

And I will do my best to make a succes out of this!

For those who only own a machinedrum UW maybe its a good idea to download some kind of monomachine sample pack for you machinedrum so you have something to build on. don’t know if there is one, but its just a thought.

The date is that far off …I did that because there are still people who want to contribute who are waiting for their monomachine or machinedrum. So I thought that that would be fair. I still have to learn mine. I know the basics…

I downloaded the last comp, and listening now…

I may do another track anyway… but I am pretty sure the goal here is to make tracks with the boxes. Which is what I did. I didn’t really think about the fact I was using some custom samples until I saw your post about it.

My monomachine has custom waves in it too… and I used them in this track too… ?

I think consensus in the thread above was to make a track with the machines, the MDUW is a sampler, its supposed to have samples in it and Mono (mk2) has the capacity to load in different waveforms and people should do that if they want to… I would argue that applying external processing EQ and dynamics is probably more at odds with the agenda than using samples. (disclaimer: I did use external dynamics and eq!! :smiley: lol )

Thanks for listening :slight_smile:

All sounds fine to me. Thanks!

well… I’ve got a list of contributors. 39!!! I wanted to tag everybody but I can tag only ten per post… Ive got all the names.

We have to make it happening now so to the point! In the coming days I will do a full recap in one post, maybe we have to change the topic name or just begin a new one with the total recap (moderators? Whats the best Idea?). I really really want this to happen, I think there are a lot of people that want it too! I’ve got plenty of time till end of year…

I have to thank @marcelvidela for this great idea. If you want and have time or have further ideas or just want to say hi just contact me!

Because there are so many of you I have to rethink the mastering process a bit I guess… I’ll get back!

If you still have new ideas just shoot them in this thread!

1 Like

Think about what you want and let one of us (@PeterHanes, @AdamJay, @avantronica, @LyingDalai) know.

You can choose to continue here, or we can close this topic and you can begin a new one, or whatever.

Thanks for stepping up to organize!

Thanks, I will put everything together in the next few days and I will let you know.

1 Like

Hi, I have just discovered this topic. Is it still possible to be added to the list of contributors? I have a MnM and a recently acquired MDUW.

Fuck, I didn’t read this on time haha .

I would love to contribute to this project, it sounds great.

@n_x_n You can still contribute. I added your name to the list.
@Vorlis You are also added!

Nearly there… stay tuned!

To all of you who want to contribute! See our new thread for the tribute album!

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/elektronauts-tribute-album-silver-souls/29050

See you there! And enjoy making a nice entry for the comp.!

@marcelvidela @zfigz @Ess @Dubathonic @jim5 @elenacortes @Dataline @Arsey_Rob @InTheAM

@PeterHanes you can close this now. Thanks!

2 Likes

@tvekamp @AdamJay @jshell @polite_society @analept @darenager @johnathon_doe @OSCar @finalform @SoundSculptor

1 Like

@guga @Cosmic @brunatius @NO_CARRIER @knobgoblin @Huno @LyingDalai @Kirlian @Simonhold @lcoullet

2 Likes

@tjebbestorm @Hox3D @Keshi.Head @erase @bluewolfse7en @Inward @ipassenger @coreyappleby @insect

1 Like

@n_x_n @Vorlis

1 Like

…just spotted the new thread :slight_smile: thanks for keeping this alive :relaxed: