RIP Ennio Morricone

Cherrystones’ Ennio Morricone NTS radio special from 2016 is fantastic:

https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/cherrystones-9th-february-2016/?

2 Likes

RIP to the legend.

1 Like

A great composer and a gentle, peaceful person. Will be remembered with respect.

There you go, knew someone would post it! Makes me smile every single time, without fail.

Having not seen the orig film, i only associate this one as the theme to TV show Nighty Night (UK) so it makes my toes curl :woozy_face:

Ignorance is bliss, never heard of it.

Side note: T.V and advertising can sometimes be responsible for destroying the vibe of good things.

1 Like

Tunes from Once Upon a Time in the West are so often in my head, it’s crazy. Much love for the man and his memory and contribution are very much alive. What an inspiration! :heart:

1 Like

Had to post one more tune. He was such a versatile composer. This is kinda easy listening, but at the same time it is a work of pure genius. I first heard this on a Morricone remix compilation in 2001 remixed by Fantastic Plastic Machine and had to dig out the original.

I grew up with spaghetti Westerns as my first film experience with my father as a little child…and those scores were imprinted in my impressionable mind. What a year this has been…as it always has been. RIP EM.

1 Like

Edit: The Legend Will Never Die! I used to play Soul Calibur III with a friend who would mute the original background music and replace it with the soundtrack of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It made for excellent battle music, and more importantly - it led me to discover more of Ennio Morricone’s work. Thank you and RIP!

3 Likes

One of the greats! Such melodic and arrangement talent.
At least he was very old, I guess. And had a great career.

91 years! We could all only hope to live such a long and fullfilling life. Let his be an inspiration. Go easy Ennio. You made the world a bit more beautiful, and I’ll always remember the wonderful time I spent listening to your songs while watching Spagetti Westerns with my grandmother.

3 Likes

He was also part of Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza, a brilliant avant-garde/improv band funded in 1964. Amazing artist and humble human being.

4 Likes

Ciao Ennio :neutral_face:

1 Like