Richard H Kirk RIP

RIP
Richard h kirk at 09:48

3 Likes

Tribute by Ken Hollings in The Wire:

Tribute edition of the Brainwashed Radio podcast, with a ton of tracks from various Richard H Kirk projects:

6 Likes

When Ken Hollings is on one (which is most of the time he writes - check his far-out novels), he’s magnificent. Thanks for the link.

just a live recording from my favorite period

2 Likes

70 billion people, where are they hiding?

3 Likes

Some lovely tributes and memories here from the sort of people you’d expect:

A selection :

I think everyone who heard a CV album went out and made their own electronic noise.

Years ago, during one of our more intense swapping periods, he sent us a box of CDRs full of all this amazing club music by a bunch of artists we’d never heard of; absolutely brilliant dance tracks. When we asked him who they were and where he got them from he just said, “It’s me.”

it turned out that Kraftwerk had been fans of the Cabs since the mid to late 70s. After the show, I said I had to get off and the next day I found out that they all went back to Kraftwerk’s hotel to party with them. I have suffered from severe FOMO ever since…

It’s mostly his attitude and hunger for new sounds that inspire me. His idea of taking a contrary position and always challenging the status quo. “That’s the job of an artist in society. It’s not to paint pretty pictures. It’s to say something, even if it’s only ‘Fuck you.’”