Richard Devine sound & gear

he’s not “just an influencer”. He does synth and sampler patches for products of a number of well known companies (sometimes I have the feeling he does patches for nearly every new synth), he does sound design for commercials etc. of big companies like Nike etc.
plus, he’s an artist himself. He publishes records and plays live gigs

3 Likes

He is a musician! Also he makes presets for a lot of synths that come out hardware and software.

1 Like

Proper genius

1 Like

Oh, and don’t forget beta testing.

Ultimate beta tester.
If he can’t break it in a week, it’s probably ok to ship.

3 Likes

yeah I made it a bit simpler than it is…

I own his music, so I’m well aware he makes it. still, it’s not exactly the sort of stuff that’s filling arenas… and how much can you make making patches for Dave Smith, etc? again, synth companies aren’t really raking it in.

I did forget about contract work for commercials/video games/etc though. that would explain a lot.

I agree that there needs to be better disclosure about sponsored posts.

Outside of that, fair game.

It’s like he and Jordan Rudess have a personal bet over who can acquire the most free synths.

1 Like

I want to buy the new electric Jaguar I-Pace just so I can sit in it and hear all the UI sounds he designed for it with FM-X on his MODX :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. I have firmly adopted the idea of “less is more” in my musical endeavors.

Oh, okay.
Kind of sounds like what would happen when I would hit the mutate button on a NordLead4/A1.
Anyway, nice picture. Makes me want to spend a year shooting modular gear, instead of industrial structures, board rooms and the obnoxiously rich businessmen who inhabit them.