RESOLVED - RYTM 1.30b- Overbridge 1.15 - Ableton 9.7.1- MBP Sierra - No Sound

My first post here. So a nice friendly hello to you all!

I’ve just bought a RYTM, my first Elektron product. I’m still in the haven’t got a clue what I’m doing phase but loving it none the less. However, I can’t get a peep out of the RYTM and overbrdge combo.

RYTM 1.30b - Overbridge 1.15 - Ableton 9.7.1- MBP Sierra - Safiire 6 USB interface.

I’ve connected the RYTM to a usb hub. When I open the control page for Overbridge I can see meter activity in the control panel and the control panel can see my RYTM. When I use the RYTM plugin in Ableton live I can see knob movements being replicated in the unit itself and vice versa. So far so good. However I can’t hear any sound. If I plug cables from the RYTM main outs to my mixer we’re all good. Beats to go.

When I open live which is using the Saffire 6, no meter readings show on the Overbridge control panel. This has to be a bug?! There seems to be a conflict between my audio interface and Overbrisdge.

So, am I doing something wrong? Why I can’t hear any sound using the over bridge USB connection?

Thanks.

are you seeing any meter movement on the Ableton channel that the Analog RYTM plugin is on? Is the monitoring on that channel set to “Auto”?

Also make sure your buffer setting on Ableton match the buffer setting on OB. Sometimes if they are way off from each other, the audio wont pass. Usually 256 buffer on each will work fine.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

No meter in Ableton the Rytm plug in channel.

Buffers are both set 256

Er, is the Rytm set to Overbridge mode?

Not sure if this is the problem, but When I first started using the Rytm VST it wouldn’t start the Rytm sequencer. I eventually clicked one of the menu buttons on the top right side of the VST app and found that I needed to change a setting from Tempo to Clock. Boom, that solved my problem.

I can record a kick loop to a track into Ableton and then play the same kick pattern from the Rytm to check the timing and it is tightly in sync. I was sceptical of Overbridge when it first came out, but it really works good now. It makes it a lot more fun when working with samples.

The only thing missing is in my opinion is having a way to load samples to the Rytm using the VST. But if you watch the video in the link below and get your head around Electrons file management everything else will all come together. I love the Rytm!

This is the most important video ever made for Rytm users: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NA5APBlyi3I

This is the next video you’ll want to watch once you’ve learned the basics, it opens many doors: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVckY1KsP0

Drop those two guys a few bucks on their Patreon. They just saved you a ton of time and be sure to check out their other videos, they rock! Thank god for people like Cuckoo and Carl! Sorry for my long reply!

1 Like

It is.

@Jack_Pimiento err, figure that I’m missing something as the title of this thread starts with ‘Resolved…’ but I’m not clear if FollowAlice’s point about the VST button and clock resolved it for you?

It was simply that my usb hub wasn’t good enough. I bought a decent one and it all worked fine.

I hadn’t even noticed the other comment.

1 Like