Repair Machine Drum Mk 1

HI
I have Machine Drum Mk 1 That has issues. Output A went dead a few years ago but I lived with it and used the other outs but I now have a horrid distorted-like sound from the Kick drum which makes it unusable.
Has my unit bitten the dust or is there any way I can get it repaired?

if you’re in the uk there are a few people i know here qualified to fix that up

2 Likes

Hi Bitsnbobs Thanks for your reply
Could you let me have the contact details, please?

I sorted the distorted sound. Embarrassingly I must have adjusted the gain stage without realising :flushed:

But I would like to get the dead output fixed

1 Like

Address: 33 Jennings Rd, St Albans AL1 4NX

Areas served:

Hemel Hempstead and nearby areas

Hours:

He is called Colebourn Electronics

Closed â‹… Opens 10 am Thu

Phone: 07848 039818

2 Likes

or this guy but he is more expensive

53 WOOTTON DRIVE,
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
HP2 6LA

Get directions

01442 395614

plasmamusic.com/

1 Like

Thanks so much both of them are quite nearby I will get in touch

Appreciate it

Jim

1 Like

The dead output is probably an easy fix. Probably some cold solder joint which just has to be resoldered.

1 Like

I am not the best with a Solder so it is probably best I leave it to someone who knows what they are doing

Thanks for the tip though. It is Much appreciated

Jim

while you have it in and opened up, probably not a bad idea to have the tech give it a once over. clean any dust out. replace the battery. see if anything else looks suspect. that sort of thing… usually techs charge a bench fee of an hour just to look at things. if it’s as easy as @yanni30 describes, that’ll take minutes to fix, once the machine’s open. might as well utilize the time you paid for.

back up your machine before you take it in though. if you have anything you care about on it.

1 Like

Great suggestion. Particular the battery Ive brought it when it first came out so That must be getting near to dying. The crazy thing is Its been in my loft for years as Ive been working in the box It was only when I started to get back into hardware I remembered I had it.
I cannot believe the resale value on these early Machine drums so its worth getting it back in tip top condition

Thanks again for some great advice
Jim

if you’re nearby and fancy a jam let me know, it can be quite a solitary musical journey otherwise!

where are you ?