I've already got Analog Keys and Rytm and now I'm starting to think about getting Octatrack to simplify my live setup... but I'm not really sure if Octatrack is capable of all the things I need. Maybe someone could help me clarify it?
A) I'd like to rehearse with my band... and without a computer.
--- inputs used for:
1) dynamic mic without a preamp (with reverb on if possible?)
2) guitar and synth through an iPad (or even without if possible?)
3) sampler - Roland SPD-SX
4) bass and MS-20 through preamp
--- outputs used for:
* headphones - mix of inputs + backing track + click
* 2x outputs - another mix (different levels) of inputs + backing track + click
Let's say there are about 15 backing tracks (mixdowns) in various tempos and I want to be able to switch between them easily. In this case there's a metronome in headphones and other outputs.
B) I'd like to play live and control visualizations... still without a computer
- route backing track through one pair of outputs
- route click through another pair of outputs
- control prerecorded music visualizations through it (send play/stop?) - we've just begun to talk about this aspect so I'm not really sure how it's gonna work yet. We're probably gonna have to use another computer for VJ-ing and there probably has to be some way to synchronize music and video...
Can anyone tell me if it's all possible with Octatrack? Thanks!