Recreating this Textured Sound on a Hardware Synth

Hi
Here’s the famous track. I want to recreate the vacuums sound at the start of the track

His sound engineer said he used uses Omnisphere choral patch with the compression crushed. Then follows a Juno 60 and a 555 sampler. The part I want is the Omnisphere choral crushed patch compression at the start that continues throughout. Any synth to replicate is okay but that vacuum sound wow!

If you could give an example it would be greatly appreciated just to compare.

2 Likes

Where did you read about what his sound engineer said he did? Love his sounds, so I’m interested…

Hi

I got the information from here. I’m hoping someone knows the answer.:slight_smile:

I reckon you could get similar sounds from a Korg M1 run through compression and/or distortion. I know Lopatin has used an M1 plenty.

It’s like a sound in reverse. I know Eno did it as well. Maybe it is reversed sound that’s compressed.

an OT should have no probs coming up with any PCM-based sounds

I was marvelling at this recently and wondering how they made what seems like a rompler vocal patch sound so cool.
Most of that vibe comes from the fact that it’s pitched way down then the compression adds that unstable fluctuation and it sounds like there must be more processing adding to that distressed sound. Only they know for sure.

I feel it’s often best not to know how to create certain sounds, when the mystery is gone…

Really good sound

Nice discover