Recording To Ableton

Hi, just got a Rytm, loving it, little help needed though…

I’m trying to record to Ableton using Overbridge, it’s working fine, recording each drum track to separate tracks, but there’s a silence before each track where I’ve pressed record in Ableton then pressed play on the Rytm, does anyone know how to cut the same amount from the beginning of each track, so it starts on the first beat and all the tracks stay in sync? Or even get Ableton to start recording as soon as it detects me pressing play on the Rytm so there is no gap at the start?

Good lord! Use these sync options to keep the AR and Ableton synced automatically. Pressing play on the AR manually after the recording in Ableton started is not a good idea like you already experienced. Try these settings!

2 Likes

Thanks Thelios, works like a charm.

Hi,

I have difficulties to record AR MK1 in Ableton live 9 lite with the usb.
I search a good tutorial…I have seen many videos on youtube and read the overbridge’s guide but without success…
Regards.

To ge me started with the AR and Overbridge I used an Ask Audio video that went through setting up the AR with Live. The tutorial goes through sync settings and setting up separate tracks.

What problem are you experiencing specifically that over bridge isn’t working with Live?

I tried this tutorial without success, when I record, no sound.

I have ableton live 9.7 and a template to record my Rytm. Feel free to pm me your email address, so I can send it over.