Recording pitch bend/mod wheel to DT

Hello, I’ve had the DT for about a week, and have enjoyed making a study guide for the manual (hah) and jamming out. Midi implementation seems to be tripping me up a bit. I have a DX7 and a DW8000 I’m trying to sequence with the DT, and while I’m aware that there are limitations regarding the lack of CC on older synths, I was hoping to live record playing on the synths and save mod and pitch wheel movements on the DT. I can do this no problem on Ableton, it saves all my pitch and mod wheel info when I play. However when live recording from the DW8000 to the DT, it doesn’t register my pitch/mod movements at all. Is there a function in the midi sections I’m missing?

I’ve also tried to go back over existing midi trigs and live record pitch bends using the dedicated knob on the DT’s midi channel, and while it more or less works it sounds very “steppy” and not at all like the real pitch bend wheel. It is also difficult to get it to spring back to “0” like a real pitch bend wheel would. Maybe this is nitpicking but I like pitch bends a lot and would like to use them if I make a DT controlled set. Thanks for reading.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Live record mod wheel PB data from external keyboard?