Recording M:C Performance with Streamlabs OBS iPhone app...why is it crackling?

Since I cant get the iOS Transfer app to save a recording any length, I’ve been using the Streamlabs app with a CCK, recording audio and video via private Live event on my YouTube channel. I did it successfully once, but now I am getting god awful crackling presented bellow. i tried turning master volume down to no avail. anyone have experience with this?

Il not familiar with the app but is there a buffer setting within it? Increase the buffer if possible. The smaller the buffer the more processing power required. It could be the source of the crackling issue.

2 Likes

Yea what @d4ydream said. Also make sure not that many apps are open. Or give it a good reboot. Sometimes things get weird.

1 Like

Do you have an official Apple camera connector cable?

Cheap ones might be dodgier for high-bitrate streaming.

Also, of course the buffer as aforementioned.

Here are the settings. Audio is at the highest (48kh / 125kbps)

I’m using the official Apple cck and official Elektron micro usb

1 Like

Have you tried recording using the built in camera app? Not as immediate as streaming live but worth checking just to see if it’s the streaming that is a problem.

1 Like

Yes, it’s hard to understand what the expected baseline performance would be for that setup.

My otherwise fairly fast laptop records streams through Windows OBS poorly (even to SSD) and I haven’t had the energy to check for bottlenecks.

@richmisfortunes is there an optimal settings list for your model iPhone and the speed of its flash memory?