Recording Chords into Syntakt from External Midi Controller

This might be an obvious no, but since I’m still new to the Syntakt, is there any way to play chords with an external midi controller and record them into a sequence on Syntakt?
What I’ve read online so far is that the only way to do is to dedicate an x number of tracks on the Syntakt to this and record to all of them from that external synth, as the Syntakt is not polyphonic. Still, thought I’d just ask.
How do you go about composing and recording your chords on syntakt? If you can’t really do it with an external synth without dedicating a bunch of tracks, do you just use the chord synth and for every trig change the type of chord? (maj, min, sus2, etc.)

You can use a midi mangler like blokas midihub or retrokits RK-002 and let it play multiple notes to different midi tracks on the ST. The same technique can be used on DT and OT.

2 Likes

Yes possible with midi processor s, I use RK002. Midi loopback possible, you can play chords from an ST midi track, play live…

You can also use 2 SY BITS or 2 SY RAW : 4 notes.

An SY SWARM with sub -1 and an SY BIT with 2 saws waveforms (value 40 iirc)…

SY CHORD + SY BIT at beginning :

4 Likes

I use MusiKraken on my iPad to do that. It works great, but then again editing any chord is impossible and you have to erase all tracks you used as voices in order to lay down another chord. But it works.
I also just program part of a scale (8 notes) in the digital tracks, then play these like a keyboard and use the analog tracks for rhythm.

2 Likes