Recording behaviour

Hi, thanks for adding me to this group. I always find great help using the octa.
But so far I didn’t find anything about this recording behaviour here or in the manual:

I want to record manually on track one an external source on cd (a4), so no recorder trigs are set. Means hitting track 1 and record (cd). But as soon as I hit play on the octa (to activate the Metronom) and start to play the a4 the octa starts recording before I manually start the recording process.

I think I set the recording settings on page one correctly (tried a couple of setting) but always the same automated recording Start. Also there is no cueing active.
Yesterday night I really got a headache because of this…
Do you know what’s going on?

Maybe the A4 is triggering recording via midi on the autochannel of the octatrack? Try setting the A4 to a different midichannel and see if its still happening.

1 Like

Double check the recorder track by entering grid recording with the record setup visible, make sure there’s not trigs anywhere in there… It’s either that or external midi as said above…

2 Likes

Got it! My midi keyboard triggered the recording start on the auto channel. So probably you always have to use the track channel for playing notes on the octa.
Anyway, mostly using the midi keyboard for the a4. So i can live without playing notes external on the octa.
Thanks for help.

what you describe in first post just sounds normal to me. If OT sequencer is not playing and you press TRACK+CD that is ‘manually starting the recording process’…

if all fixed for you now then cool, otherwise happy to help get to bottom of it

if unsure whether external trigging is causing problems, a good idea is to try without any midi connections, just audio coming in and see if it behaves as you expect.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah, at the moment I am fine with everything. But I am sure I will come up with some questions soon