Recording Analogue Heat in Ableton

Currently using the AH with overbridge and Ableton. I have to set-up an empty track with AH plugin and feed audio into that track. Then set-up another track and feed the output from the AH plugin track into it so I can record the AH in real time.
Just wondering if there is a better way?
Thanks

Can’t you just use it like any insert VST/AU fx plugin and record the result to another channel (Input: channel-where-heat-is/Post-fx)?

just use the freeze option… than you can work on different tracks.
and if you did a mistake you can unfreeze the track and you have still the original
material and than you can process it again.

1 Like

does the freeze work for realtime udio? All sounds processed by the heat must occur in realtime as dictated by physics…

yes… i don’t use the overbridge plugin. i use in Ableton “external audio Effect” for AH
than it is really easy… and you can save your routings as a preset. and you can copy it from
one to another track.

but of course there are some limitations

i do it with all my hardware EQ’s and Compressors with the freeze function… this works really great

1 Like

Thanks all, lots to try out.

I just would like to add one slight OT…I havent tried your tips yet…just used the simple Resampling.

But I did try the Render To Disk function…well…considering it did it “offline”, the result was hilarious !!!

This is that Render…

1 Like

That is pretty fun… there’s a track in that. :quirky:

1 Like

that file is under CC license…feel free to make it your own d^_^b

P.S.
really curious to understand what actually happened in there…