Record M:C and iPad Animoog in iPad GarageBand - possible?

Hi, M:C noobie here, just got my Cycles a week ago and I’m in utter amazement!:slight_smile: I’ve been trying to do the following:

1. Connect M:C to iPad pro via USB-C hub
  2. Export midi out from one of the M:C tracks to iPad and control an ios synth with it (Animoog)
  3. Getting the combined audio of ios synth and Cycles’s own internal audio from other tracks to Cycles audio output and hear it on the speakers- works very nicely, I can jam and create some sounds in ios that M:C can’t create

Now, the question: how can I record what I hear, on an Ipad? So, the whole combined audio output of M:C, including the Animoog track from ipad and the 5 other tracks that M:C is playing? When I open GarageBand, I only can record Animoog, GB doesn;t pick up the M:C audio. Can I somehow “push” the final mix back into the same ipad for recording?

Help, wise masters:)

Perhaps the IK Multimedia iRig Pro Duo is what you need.

1 Like

im not sure if it will work, but try to change in the m:c usb set up to M+A (Midi plus Audio).

1 Like

I set it like that, with “M+A” option, but I think it only passes the audio of the midi track and its machine, and not all of M:C other tracks.

I’m not sure if with this option it is even sending the defaut full audio-over-usb.

hmmm nie wiem, I will try the same on my Ipad and I will let you knwo if it works or not.

1 Like