Recommends on a eurorack filter

Is there a (safe) random settings option? :grin:

I got a Stereo Dipole delivered today, itā€™s rather good I must say.

2 Likes

I have no regrets about getting my

SSF Stereo Dipole (I have the black one)

I have a Ripples PCB and panel I need to build as well.
Always liked the Mutable Instruments filter designs (Ambika, Shruthi, etc)

4 Likes

Nice. Will check the vid tonight, could be the second winner!

1 Like

Made a sketch on Modular Grid:

OMG, loving 2021 already :smiley:

If I could keep only one of my filters, it would probably be the XAOC Belgrad, absolutely brilliant and very versatile :heart_eyes:

Another one to consider if youā€™re into gritty stuff is the NE Viol Ruina, although it should be noted that itā€™s a bit noisy. Not necessarily an issue for me, I just patch it before a VCA - when I donā€™t want the noise :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I already realised I will never be able to keep it a 104HP thingy :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be getting an MI Blades as the last module to fill my as of yet built case. Have the parts but not the assistance I need to get it built. Maths and Blades are the last two Iā€™m waiting to order in a couple of weeks.

I have a Mother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Elements, and Rings for voices. I think Blades will do some lovely things with any/all of those.

<3

+1 for a Xaoc Belgrad. The best filter in my system. 2nd the Doepfer Sem.

I got myself a 6U 54hp case and I am, I AM limiting myself to that!

1 Like

Yes I recently took the dive into modular and got the Intellijel 104hp palette case as a way to test the waters without going too deep.

I donā€™t even have it fully built yet and I already find myself reading reviews for the Pittsburgh Modular Structure EP-420

1 Like

The way I see it, Eurorack is very very expensive, yet I continue to think that HP is more valuable than ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬ in the modular world. 7U 104 HP was very cramped for 2 synth voices + effects, Iā€™m now rocking 14U, 126HP for 4 voices, thatā€™s sorta functional :+1:

3 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ve just got the 4MS ensemble osc as my sound source with a big filter and a lod of vcas and lfos. Well, Iā€™m slowly getting there at least.

1 Like

Which case do you have?

BTW regarding the question of this topic I bought QPAS for a filter

What is the QPAS like? I was tied between that and the dipoleā€¦ went dipole in the end.

1 Like

Yes, I can feel that vibe. At the moment I donā€™t want to put that much cash into it (also canā€™t because setting up a business at the moment). I decided to do a hybrid setup and mix the best of my hardware (OT+TanzbƤrMK1+pedals) with Bitwig and the MN modular skiff with ES-9 + DFAM/M32/Koma Elekronik RH301.

If I canā€™t create something I like with this setup I am going to sell it all and start watering other passions so they can have a chance to bloom.

BTW, that Belgrad filter is sounding great on the :headphones:

I totally forgot about maybe my most favourite solo synth, the mighty Lyra 8, never selling that white angel.

I have a Jove and Doepfer Wasp and love them both. I have been lusting after a stereo filter, like the wmd overseer, for stereo effect chain usage. I love the modular for feedback patches and really like fully stereo delay feedback patches.

1 Like

Unique in my eyes. I like the ringing of it at higher resonances and fast changes of cutoff.
But the dipole is on my wishlist.

1 Like

The dipole sounds like the ultimate filter on the QPAS ownersā€™ list. My question is.: do the Dipole owners also want a QPAS really that bad?

1 Like

I only have room for one but if I could have both, I would get both.