Recommended Reading?

Hello everyone! I am wondering if anyone has books they would recommend on the topics of: synthesis, sound design, history, technique, etc. I am really new to making electronic music but I have been playing drumset for about 25 years, have some guitar experience but not much in the way of music theory. Recommended reading on the subject of music theory would be appreciated as well.
I guess I’d be looking for something that has a little character. Think technical writing with a sense of humor, like John Muir’s “How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive Forever” as opposed to Harold McGee’s “On Food and Cooking”, which, although amazing, is drier than a cats ass. If anything helped you out or moved you along, I’d love to hear about it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Like

There are two pretty good threads already going as well as others.

4 Likes

Ahhh… Thanks for the mention…
For those interested I’m currently working on my next book, “Zen and the Art of Octatrack Maintenance”…

-A psychonauts guide to letting your mind meld as one with your inner groove box, for there is no separation as seen from the one love source of all things. Exploring the binary fractal self-replicating algorithm at the root of reality, known by the keepers of ancient wisdom and those with open eyes as “Octatrack”…

8 Likes

The only way to liberate oneself from samsara (static backing tracks) is to follow the eight fold (Octa) path towards samadhi (flex/buffer live sampling tracks) and thus free oneself from the endless cycle of rebirth (projects that reload samples)… :monkey::sparkles:

4 Likes

that’s pretty funny. id hang out with hium

1 Like

I’m just going to own up to and say that I searched “Reading” and not “Books”…
But I thank you for the responses

2 Likes

Loads of goodies in that first link. I almost think it could be bookmark or sticky worthy.

1 Like