Recommendations for a small battery powered synth?

Dreadbox Typhon

1 Like

Thanks. Is it battery powered?

Monologue?

iPad if you can jive with it. Nothing more powerful… Drambo, pure acid, mirack, Bram Bos apps, eventide, moog apps, fab filter, …

4 Likes

I guess the question is what sort of sound are you looking for. You already have a lot of polyphonic capabilities so something that can really nail that mono bass sound seems like a good choice?

There is the Monotribe, Monologue, Volca Bass, Volca Nubass, Volca Modular, Uno Synth… just to name some. Also more of the Roland boutique line.

If you are ok with using a USB battery pack, synths like the Typhon and Uno Synth Pro become options.

1 Like

Don’t forget the original Microkorg even at its age it’s still quite a little synth. Sounds nice, decent amount of modulation and is inexpensive.

3 Likes

The Micromonsta2 can be powered by a usb battery.

2 Likes

I completely enjoyed my skulpt, so maybe a craftsynth?

Bunches of sounds to be found in an MC-101.

2 Likes

The Pluto
( thread )

Is the Explorer small enough ?

Dimensions :
556 x 255 x 78 mm
21.9” x 10” x 3.1” (inch)

It’s an 8 voice poly, but you can use it as a mono.

Stylophone

2 Likes

Sonicware liven xfm. a little raw firmware but an interesting device.

Modal Craft 2.0 is battery powered, small and cheap.
The 0-Coast is fun and small, works with a 15v usb adapter. And the sound is very powerful!

The Korg Monologue is pretty good. The sequencer in particular

Lots of recommendations, thanks guys I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Still waiting for the Space Bee release, main selling point for me was the rechargeable battery
https://www.playsuperlative.com/

1 Like

I’m really finding the model:cycles fun for bass synth work at the minute. Ok, it doesn’t have some of the features I’d ideally want, such as legato, but it has some capabilities that make for really interesting sound. I spent last night experimenting with a bassline composed of an infinitely long note, with lock trigs used to change parameters at points in a 32 step sequence. It sounded surprisingly good, and not like any other synth I’ve used before.

It can be powered from a USB power bank.

3 Likes

I forgot about this

1 Like

…and the keytar grip (not joking).

1 Like