Rec memory full

Does getting a bigger (more GB) Flash Card improve sampling with Flex Machines?

At the moment, I’m still using the card that came in my Octatrack MK1, and I struggle to even get one recorder buffer per project, especially the lower BPM songs, because I keep getting the “recorder memory full” error even when the buffer has been cleared.

No

2 Likes

Bummer. Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

@MargChard why do you have no memory left - do you have lots of flex samples loaded?

1 Like

@darenager
No, all of my samples are static. I’m only trying to run 1 flex machine per project, which is track 1 / recorder buffer 1, for the purpose of live sampling an external hardware synth. I have each individual song on a different project to save memory, and all settings selected according to the manual’s suggestion in my memory configuration. So I’m really not sure why I have no memory left.

Take a pic of your record memory config and post it here.

1 Like

@darenager

Try setting dynamic recorders to yes, reserve recordings to T1 only, and take reserve length up to how many seconds you want to record for, what happens then?

2 Likes

@darenager So when I set dynamic recorder to yes, reserve only T1 and increase the reserve length up to 18s which is all I need, and then save the setting, I’m getting a very familiar issue, which is that when I press play, suddenly no sound comes out. All my static samples are there, and appear as though they are playing, but everything goes silent. I’ve had this issue every time I’ve tried to reserve only T1 for recording.

Try power cycling after saving the memory config, make sure the green light has stopped flashing before turning off, leave it for 10 seconds then back on.

Also what OS is your OT on?

4 Likes

Wow, power cycling totally did the trick. I was able to save the memory config and work with a longer sample at a higher bit rate w/ my dynamic recorders on. And sound came back as soon as it rebooted.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate your advice, speedy replies, and patience. I always assume the issue must be complicated & over my head, but sometimes you just gotta turn shit off and back on again. :flushed:

8 Likes

Cool, glad its working now.

3 Likes