Reason 11.2

The new drum groove generator and midi out looks fun. Need to download and play. Curious your thoughts?

1 Like

That Beat Map drum groove generator looks to be an interesting take on the Mutable Instruments Grids module. I’m liking the way Reason is heading at the moment, although the rack as a plugin is still the biggest draw for me.

1 Like

I hated the ‘rack extensions’ direction… they should’ve just kept adding things into the main product and have version upgrade fees… the last thing it needed was another whole vector of third party plugins of varying quality

1 Like

Agreed. Rack extensions weren’t the best idea. They broke the ease of collaborating with other people. That only worked when you had a fixed set of instruments and effects. You could share .rns files and be confident they would work.

i remember doing that in the early 2000s!

1 Like

Me too!

just wanted to mention that you can currently get reason for $199. just install their mobile app, sign in with your account and you’ll get reason intro license. from there you may upgrade it to regular version for 200 bucks while it’s on sale till may 31st

2 Likes