Reamped Sound Pack Confusion

Reamped Sound Pack for Rytm has 142 samples.

Why?
It’s a Rytm Sound Pack, which means there is only room for 127 samples.
And sounds won’t sound right w/o the right sample in the right place.

What am I missing?

If it’s like the Digitakt (I am assuming this) then 127 samples per project and you only pick the samples you want. It’s just coincidence that the number of samples in the pack is near the limit of samples per project.

it’s not. each sample should connect a slot.

So. There are 127 samples per project on the RYTM, same as the Digitakt. The sound packs aren’t intended to be a “project” or go to some predetermined slot, but rather provide you with resources for your own projects. You would pick and choose which samples go where and build a kit from what samples are provided. The kits included will pull from specific samples (which I imagine need to be in the given project) and this might be what you’re talking about. I can’t help you with kits.

Good luck, hope that makes sense.

That’s not accurate.

Part of why I (and I assume others) buy sound packs is for what they teach us about the boxes.

1 Like

So you get some extra samples that are not assigned to the project sample pool? Failing to see any problem here, they are just extra samples that sit on the +Drive, you can swap them into the project sample pool if you want, or don’t.

Edit: You often get samples packs that come with a Live project or Drum Rack for example that do not use all the samples. This is no different.

first, let me be clear it’s not a HUGE issue. if the answer is, “we” included more hits than we should: bonus! …i can handle that. this little scenario is helping me workout how things work with the rytm.

as i understand it… sounds are made up of synths and samples and the filter, amp, LFO, etc. parameters that go with it. samples are TIED not to name, but SLOT number. so, all 16 of the kits they include are likely off.

to boot, the samples that don’t make it over are ALL THE TOMS + a few of the snares. SO none of the kits even have the possibility of having toms.

even further, assuming they can’t have intended to leave out the toms… this means that all the sounds are off because —> back to where we started, samples are tied, not to names, but to slot numbers.

am i making sense?

Makes more sense now you list the actual problem. :slight_smile:

I would drop a word to Elektron support and ask them to fix the pack.