Realtime record sound locks?

I’m guessing it’s not presently possible, but would be a nice update.

I was having fun running a pattern and previewing sounds in the sound manager and thought it would be really great if enabling realtime recording would capture the played note as a sound lock. Pressing the record button seemed to revert the sound to what was saved with the kit. I’m not too well-versed in the file structure of the A4, so maybe someone knows a workaround, otherwise might be a nice feature request.

you can do that with multimaps.
GLOBAL > MIDI > MULTIMAP
maps can be set up so that different keys trigger different sounds…

check out the manual, it’s described there…

on the A4 it’s only possible to play the map from within the map edit menu, or with an external keyboard on the performance channel.

realtime soundlock recording is possible (multimap not reqd), i use it 90% of the time since getting the 1.1 update - use the pool !

I was using the pool to play the sounds against the track sounds, but couldn’t figure how to record it. What’s the trick?

realtime record
dbl-tap track
twiddle level to choose sound(pool list)
hit mini-keys
enjoy

1 Like

Amazing. Thanks for your help. I’d be more likely to use multi map for percussion kits or some wonderfully organic piano or pad sound with subtleties between almost every key. That would take a lot of time to set up, though. This method is perfect for bass and melody.

seems perfect to me for my take on percussion !

Thanks for sharing this trick. I never knew that was possible.

[/quote]
Me either! Thanks!

[/quote]
Me either! Thanks![/quote]
Me too! Thanks :slight_smile: