Real Polysynth

You must be much better at it than I am!!

Bless you, thanks!

TBH, I was just being snarky. I work as a coder. I’m a little over it. A lot of my work in the last 4-5 years has been gluing bits of apps to other bits of apps, and keeping code tidy. I’m doing much less instant-gratification feature work than I used to.

1 Like

Yeah, I have seen how in some cases programming seems to have turned into a gluing cloud gubbins together.

I get you, sometimes when you know exactly what needs doing and it is just brain-out mechanical work it really is like housework. I liked the juxtaposition a lot.

1 Like

I get the feeling, neither has the OP

3 Likes

In Resume, it was about the Subharmonicon tuning systems (Equal Temperament vs Just Intonation).

1 Like

U get it wrong my friend.

Good!

@shinobi Another thing to look for in the synth is the Sustain Pedal feature. As a piano player you get trapped into the synths ADSR, and wrong notes start to overlap if there’s a too long release stage. If you play the piano with the sustain pedal held down forever it’ll sound shit. So take some control over the envelopes with a pedal, or set them to taste.

4 Likes

With respect, if your goal is to eliminate phasing and beating, you’re really not talking about playing an instrument anymore and have entered the world of programming math to draw the shapes you want. Nothing wrong with that, it’s tons of fun! But a polysynth is likely the wrong tool for the job.

1 Like

That is not what I was looking for… but on my instrument sounds bad…

Out of interest, have you ever played a polysynth that didn’t have the beating/pulsing phenomena? If so, maybe rebuy that one so that you can return to making music?

1 Like

ooooh, dx 7? OpSix? Maybe that pure sine wave FM magic is what you need.

2 Likes

Two day old thread. 215 replies. You are all some kind, patient people. I do think this comes down to the mechanics of sound and not a mythical synthesizer. Submitted respectfully OP!

9 Likes

Yes, Blofeld, just not my favourit timbre. Why do u think I have to return to making music, I never stopped?

1 Like

Lost in translation maybe. I meant so that you don’t have to worry about endlessly searching for the perfect polysynth and can carry on making music instead. But that is annoying if Blofeld does what you want but doesn’t give you the kind of sounds you want :frowning:

2 Likes

OP, if you liked the Blofeld but not the sound, the Iridium/Quantum are a major step forward in that same direction. I almost loved the Blofeld but couldn’t gel with the base sound/layout but the Iridium fixes these issues and goes even further.

3 Likes

Have you considered an Akai Timbrewolf?

7 Likes

this thread is worth it’s own weight in gold!

1 Like

Can you imagine if this thread was on Gear… um, “space”? :rofl:

2 Likes

This thread feels like an Audit.

3 Likes