Re-sampling: how *not* to sample & pitch-up (doubling original speed) continuously, because it's impossible ... duh, me. (Though with quantum computing ... :s)

I found this person’s college map, or something while searching things related to this thread. It’s a weird document, but in it is a whole list of crazy acoustic-meets-electronic artists that I’d never heard of. Most interesting so far I’d say is Xploding Plastix. This track seems to have the cymbals being reworked electronically:

“Dizzy Blonde” is another Xploding Plastix track with heavy electronic maniupulation.

I’ve found a whole bunch of inspiration, so thank you for starting this thread!

edit: oh yeah! here’s that person’s project description:

1 Like

Oh yeah - it really helps if you expand he video, very clear - will try stick this one out to see what’s what - I generally ain’t no sax fan though, but I have seen iain ballamy quite a few times touring with Earthworks (Bill Bruford) … argh, Strønen is an untouchably good musician on every level … talent and taste and touch … ok, back to the vid - keen to see him work out on the OT :okej:

I did see it there! I assumed that was before he’d given it up. It did seem like he was live-sampling with the Boss device, and at one point he was playing-back a sequence in the Octatrack. I wasn’t watching closely enough (nor would I be able to read the gestures) to know exactly what he was up to with either. It’s interesting, that aspect of performance, not knowing what is making what sound, and being asked to listen accosrdingly; I can see why some ‘composers’ opt to include it in their works (Pierre Jodlowski’s piece ‘Time and Money’, for instance).

I didn’t read the thread. But if you wanted to keep time stretching on you could just go to sample edit and cut the default sample time in half and that will double sample speed

Hi,

I haven’t read the whole thread so this might have been suggested already, or doesn’t even make sense.

But I would firstly try how it sound when you put a delay of 8 beats without any feedback, completely clean, on the sped up track. This way it would repeat every double-speed phrase once…?

The only problem is the delay : you have to wait half of the whole recording time to play it 2x integrally.