Rave Archive (Old School Mixtapes!)

People might like themixingbowl.org too
I’ve been a member for many years , there’s an enormous amount of archives radio shows , dj sets , studio mixes , readers mixes .
And lots of my mixes.

2 Likes

Loads of sets on here, split between live sets and studio sets. All styles, plenty of international headliners

2 Likes

Lots of hardcore/rave/bouncy here on magpie303’s SC:

2 Likes

Not just my mixtape from forever ago but lots of awesome stuff on Mixtape Magic on YouTube

2 Likes

One of my faves from across the Pennines:

Universal Indicator and Energy 52 in the same mix.
A great primer for my 16 year old ears, even if I didn’t have a clue what was what.

3 Likes

Angels was a good night out back in the day. One of my fave mix tapes was from Carlos’s just up the road

It’s one of those tapes that got bought at the club and over time everyone ended up with a copy of “The Carlos Tape”. Over the years me and my pal who bought the original tape have been hunting down every track on it and I think we can now safely say we’ve id’d them all. My mate wanted me to recreate the tape as the OG is long gone but it won’t be as good without JFMC doing his thing!

1 Like

I actually knew some shady ass pre-millennium promotors and if I heard that one of them was involved with helping to orchestrate an opportunistic robbery of one of their own parties to take the whole cake leaving the acts and other promotors in the lurch I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. 90% of those early events in california operated in some legal gray area at best and anything in the desert / at an unsanctioned campsite / at a rock quarry / etc - basically places where you could play loud music without having anyone hear and complain - that would look like a big fat lollipop to someone of negotiable scruples.

Not saying thats what happened, but there were some of these cats we used to deal with or occasionally MC or promote for, that we would joke about “what if so and so robbed his own rave” and chuckle but nobody was really laughing.

1 Like

Hey there Dizzy. Thank you for the goods, and happy first post!

We used to have helter skelter nights on the pier in Hastings UK. Was into the tunes but could not stand the MCs. They just would. Not. Shut. Up.

1 Like

Cylob used to have some recordings of pirate radio from back in the day on his website. Seems original website is dead, but there’s an archive of it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090218125527/http://durftal.com/music/index.html