Raspberry Pi Synth Projects?

Has anyone here built a synthesiser using Raspberry Pi or can point me towards any interesting projects they know of?

I’m looking into options for a small single board synth which could be sequenced via the Digitakt’s midi out and cc controls.

Interested to hear about any other similar projects too such as using RP for midi functions etc.

Cheers!

Can not be sequenced via midi but it is really fun, I have just finished my build. Pairs Lyra 8 very well…

Elmyra drone synth

2 Likes

Organelle is based around Raspi compute module, it has a lot of patches which are built in PD, @JohnnyEgo I believe has made a Raspberry Pi version using the PiSound IIRC, also check out @thetechnobear Orac which is very powerful and highly configurable.

2 Likes

As of firmware v1.2, there is an internal sequencer:

(Not via MIDI though. It’s primarily a drone synth.)

1 Like

I ment via midi…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Have you looked into axoloti hardware ?
Cheap and powerful.

Update : it’s not raspberry pi but quite a cheap project device with powerful editor

2 Likes

New Elk Audio / HiFi Berry project looks very interesting
https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/bundles/hifiberry-elk-audio-bundle/
Allows standalone running of VST (JUCE based plugins) if I understand correctly (although only those plugins you have access to the source code for at the moment !!)

I have experimented with pisound and modep

https://blokas.io
Lot of fun but not much time to explore more in-depth

2 Likes

yeah, correct. but basically it’s a pi 3 which Autostarts a PD instance and an Organelle patch of Your Choice.
my iphone is more or less a big part for sampling and softsynths in combination with the OP-Z and I use it to control or display the Organelle patch via VNC, it’s midi controllable like the Organelle Hardware.

BTW the OP-Z can be used as a soundcard and midi controller at the same time and it has the ability to route its own digital audio thru Patches like delays or morphagene

i should do another video :raised_hands:t4:

Someone mentioned them in a different thread - they look like fun