RANT: Sonarworks sucks!

I’ve had Sonarworks 3 for three years and every time I’ve had to calibrate my speakers, it’s an exercise in me wanting a drink afterwards. The program’s test voice always says it should be at normal conversation level. But the program doesn’t pick up the signal until I have to turn the gain all the way up till I get feedback at which point the measurement starts and I’m able to dial back the gain a bit to avoid the feedback.

This process would take me 1-2 hours because I’d have to fiddle with the gain and volume to make it work, and be careful not to damage my speakers in the process. Sonarworks were not helpful when I brought up this issue to them 3 years ago, so I figured this is how the program works. I repeated this last year with a 2nd pair of monitors with the same long arduous process. Why does the program say “normal conversation volume” when I have to turn it up to between 90-95 dB for the program to even start calibrating? It’s deafening having to deal with this for 2 hours each time.

Today I had to calibrate a newer pair of speakers as I’ve sold my old ones. No matter how loud I turn up the volume this time, the calibration doesn’t engage. I’m stuck on a screen telling me “Increase microphone signal level” no matter how loud I turn it up. Sonarworks should offer me a refund this time as they never addressed the issue the first time and now it’s not working at all. I hate this program.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sonarworks Reference