Random notes stay on (pressed) - midi

I have my sub 37 connected to the digitakt. sometimes when i’ll be playing and stop one of the notes i have pressed continues as if i haven’t released it and it will just drone on. Seems to be at random. if i press stop twice on the digitakt the note will stop. Is it a bug? Happens on some presets more than others i think (sub 37).

1 Like

Are you playing the digitakt in chromatic mode?, I have been experiencing notes hanging, a second press or another key will stop it but on one occasion it froze up competely and needed rebooting. Kind of annoying and I have not been able to replicate it, as you say it seems to be linked to some patterens not others. I have had a few unexplained midi hicups(even post 1.04) so have been avoiding using it for the most part untill an update comes out as, I could let myself get wound up about it( and sometimes do) but instead focus on enjoying the things it does well for now.

1 Like

I have this same problem sequencing almost any external MIDI device chromatically. It appears to happen more so on plocks than notes recorded live - I don’t know why. If I powercycle the Digitakt, it goes away for awhile. This is definitely a bug.

My guess is that the Digitakt stops sending MIDI off notes at some point. I think this was a bug that was supposedly fixed in 1.0.1, but it’s still happening in some situations.

1 Like

Any solution to this?
Im getting random hanging notes from a sub phatty…weird thing is that the notes programed are all G but the hanging note is a C…
Seems randon

It may be that midi is not the only problem as I still get note hang on audio tracks in chromatic mode, it is always on the 16 key to start, if I shift up an octave it shifts to the 9 key, continues to happen consistantly untill I load another pattern.

God i hope they work it out…its the first crack in integrity that has me thinking its useless really in the current state. Other things i can live with but this is just sloppy…? It hasnt pissed me off until this…? Honeymoon over…

I can get the random hanging note in chromatic mode with a sample aswell! Buggy…

I would go to customer support in eletron.se and file a ticket there.

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to use my setup in quite a while due to moving, but last time I did it was still there. I’m surprised. Is no one else using as a midi sequencer? How is everyone else not coming across it?

I have this problem, too. Especially when switching patterns, notes will just hang. Kind of makes it useless as a MIDI sequencer for me, unless I’m doing something wrong here.

1 Like

hey folks, sorry to bring up an OLD thread, but have to ask, was there any kind of intervention to address the hanging note issue? My hanging note goes further, it doesn’t appear on a trig in step mode! It’s A GHOST NOTE, the only change it will accept is a change in sample. If you kind wonderful people have ANY info at all that might help, please, let’s do this. Did you check the function assignments for all the midi trigs AND sound trigs? I wonder if this has something to do with a Program Change permission. Any help will be me with SUPERIOR gratitude, the kind you can actually physically feel!

Pushing this up since this doesn’t seem to be resolved yet. I just routed a new setup using DT, DN and a Keystep. Keystep inputs into the DT and from there I’m sequencing the DN. Same issue. Sometimes randomly notes get stuck and stay on until that note is played again.

I’m having the exact same problem. Just started happening out of the blue after two months of building up tracks. Completely upended my project. Can’t complete it until it gets resolved. Unacceptable Elektron haven’t dealt with this bug yet. Who runs this site??

Hey I’m also having this issue with my Digitakt, and only with my 9th key – in sequencer or just free-hand, I’ll send a chord to my Moog Matriarch and it will randomly sustain the chord until I hit the button again. This does not happen with any other MIDI tracks though.

Scratch that, I’ve actually narrowed down the problem. The retriggering / midi staying on does not happen unless I start to send four notes via MIDI. If I just send 1, 2, or 3 notes, then the midi never “sticks”, but only when I add the fourth note. This is incredibly infuriating.

Ok probably gonna get reprimanded for replying so many times but I updated my system again (I think I had already updated the OS previously to 1.20), but for good measure, did again, and I’m not having the trigger issue so far. Food for thought.