Random Digitone Audio Dropouts with OT

Strange situation going on here. I have a Digitone running into AB of Octatrack, and Digitakt running into CD. I have Thru track AB on Track 1 and Thru CD on track 3. Each has a neighbour track on 2 and 4.

When I hit play on the OT, the Digitakt audio will play fine, but the Digitone will have random audio dropouts. The MIDI sync isn’t lost, but the audio just randomly cuts out on the DN only.

I tried to also have the DT run as the master - same thing happens.

On OT I have track lengths set to 16. Master length is 16, and the track lengths on the DT and DN are also 16 steps.

Any thoughts on what I could be missing? I’ve run this setup a hundred times before without issue.

Okay, so I finally figured it out. the A and B inputs on my OT aren’t working. If I run the Digitone into CD it works fine with no dropouts. Wonderful! my Anniversary OT is defective!!! :confused:

Don’t jump to conclusions too fast…
Have you tried setting DIR AB to max, with an empty scene, to rule out user error?

Also, you could try a THRU track with only C, if for some reason the signals cancel each other.

1 Like

I tried every possible combo. Embarrassingly, creating a new project fixed the error. There must have been some glitch when the project was created. :see_no_evil:

1 Like