Rack 2 - first draft - freestyling with Marbles

…unmixed and raw

Enjoy!

5 Likes

More marbles… rack 2

2 Likes

What were your impressions? I never really liked the sound of VCV rack, but all the videos I’m seeing of 2.0seem to sound much nicer… am I projecting?

1 Like

Probably. Depending on your perspective, getting a sweet sound from VCV takes some patience and time. I don’t think vcv2 sounds any better than v1 but the audio drivers seem more efficient.

1 Like

Yeah - I know I certainly don’t have the skills with it- but I’ve always found it’s sound quite recognisable. @SpaceTraffic stuff sounds great here, and less distinct from hardware, do my wine sodden ears. Probably talent then!

1 Like

I don’t think it was about sounding better, but making a better user experience and optimized performance.

As far as getting around and doing stuff, V2 makes V1 feel clunky.

damn i need to read what I write before I hit post…damn! Corrections made to my shit typing :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Polynomial as heck

1 Like

Another journey

3 Likes

Did you buy many different module for that or only use what they have at the core of rack 2?

By the way awesome composition. I never wanted to make music on the computer, but exploring modular with vcv is fun. I’m also getting used to play with Reaper which I find quite a nice minimal yet powerful platform. I’m wondering if Rack 2 pro will work with Reaper on linux…

1 Like

Thank you!

I don’t know about Reaper and Linux, but I think it should work since Rack Pro has VST now. I use the free version but a few commercial modules in this specific patch, like the Ions sequencer and VCV host and stuff. But you could probably achieve something similar, even better, with the free version if you spend some time in it.

Yeah I’m having a mouse clicking period and not touching the hardware much. Thou I played a little Micro Freak this morning. :wink:

I’m thinking about doing something with the digitone and vcv soon…

How’s Reaper!? I only heard good about it. Like many scripts and customization and what not.

I’m into Bitwig.

Yeah I am not too much of a DAW person really. I was into Bitwig for a while (I own a license) as it work well in linux, but as I spend my day in front of a computer, I tend to just want to get to a synth or a keyboard.

Reaper is just really charming. Really small simple, minimal UI, nice themes and such. It’s really simple to get into it and love the pricing model, a relax attitude of try it out, pay when you feel like it’s useful for you, pay more if it becomes your main tool. It feels mature and no-nonsense, really similar to how linux feels generally. So I’ve been using it for different simple task here and there. Slowly getting to know different VST out there that are fun to play with etc… I can see using Reaper and VCV to be a nice match for these late night on the computer when I don’t feel like going down to the studio yet I want to tinker with some audio projects…

1 Like

Marbles and Super arp…

Very simple patch

2 Likes

Reach in…

Another Sunday morning coffee patch

2 Likes

Monday Mindtravel

Peace.

1 Like

Hello friends!

Work it out