Quiz me on the Octatrack!

Turn it on and set src 3 to main out? Or whatever you have it cued up to?

such a cool thread, some of these questions are great gateways to deeper engagement and learning with the OT!

RATE knob only for 1 answer, Function allowed for the other one.

1 Like

is it allowed to answer questions? I thought we should only ask.
OP wanted to be quizzed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another one @sezare56 taught me :slight_smile:

RTRG and Trig Count… same behaviour?

how to assign bpm per pattern?

My old favourite: work on a track’s trig pattern while it’s playing something else, then drop your new one in mid-bar

Loop a sample to a point before start

Yep, use arp transpose with mode set to off.
Arp setup could also be used to transpose notes.
The Arranger can transpose midi tracks and a square wave lfo that modulates the note parameter also works.

3 Likes

is the Octatrack only a simple looping device? :thinking:

3 Likes

I have one: can we overdub in OT without using Pickup machines?

2 Likes

You got only one Octa lifeline so better decide carefully^^

1 Like

6 hours after : Are you still testing, or is it sleeping/working time? :content:

In the arranger

1 Like

Hell yeah…just woke up… Looks like I got some cool stuff to dig into…

Thanks and keep the quiz going… Answers or not …this is cool

1 Like

It may take a minute to test, but hours to understand what’s happening :smile: :rofl:

I had such a moment today. I sent something to cue out, but no sound’s coming out of it. Also no sound on the headphones when setting them to cue out only in the mixer page.

Then I remembered the number one rule for strange OT behaviour: in case of mysterious behaviour power cycle it. And lo and behold: everything works perfectly again.

5 Likes

Simplest setup for recording and playing back at the same time? Set a rec trig on first step and remove or set the record setting to hold and aim to flex buffer for instant playback?

This is very cool… Merlin explains it really well… It’s got the wheels in my brain spinning for sure…

Awesome… My quick and dirty answer was resample to audio…

Hey, it’s not allowed to leave exams for so long that you could have visited @sezare56 in France or @Open_Mike in California ! :smile:

3 Likes