Q Start?

Checking through my manual the info reads there should be an option for Qstart locking the retrigs to quantized points.

I don’t have the option in the retrig menu. Has it been moved??

Regards T

1 Like

Yeah I’ve mentioned it a few times too here. It has never been there. We are now 3 updates further and still no quantized retriggers like mentioned in the manual. I think the live retrig is quite useless without it.
My guess is they are working on a bigger update in a seperate source tree, and do some bugfixes in the main source tree. So we’ll see a bigger update in the near future I hope!

1 Like

Hopefully so, it seems a very big thing to overlook for the first few updates!
I’m wanting to use this beast in a live set up and locked retrigs is something i’d reply on for rolls etc and the fact that I am absolutely useless at tight finger drumming! :stuck_out_tongue:

Get your finger out Elektron!!

tkx for that info.

retrig recording isnt implemented correctly either afaik:

Retrigs can be recorded on the sequencer, in GRID RECORDING mode as well as in LIVE RECORDING mode. They are recorded as separate trigs. If the retrig speed is greater than the duration of a sequencer step, trigs are created with additional internal steps (i.e. steps with retrig enabled).

just tried it shortly: if retrig speed is smaller than the duration of the seq step, retrig is not recorded at all.

This is one of the basic functions that needs updated pretty quickly

1 Like

This sucks.

Still unquantized, eh? I managed to become pretty ok-ish with timing manual retrigs (I use the trig buttons, not the pads, more precise), but what you can do kinda as a workaround is using trigs. If you want retrigs on a track that also has other trigs going on, either have a fill trig ready, that you can engage, place a trig with retrig and disengage the synth and sample trigs on the note page (so that the trig doesn’t do anything until you engage it again via the note page), use trig mute, or place your retrig-trig and p-lock velocity to zero (this allows you to slowely fade the retrig in, if needed). You can also copy/paste that trig onto other steps. Just takes a little getting used to it.
It´s not really fun, but having the little retrig window open and changing retrig length, retrig time and velocity curve works.

I usually dedicate one of the shared voices tracks to retrigs, usually HT8 that gives me more freedom, but percussion flams and rolls are so much more fun on the OT. Not only have you more immediate control, insert effects and the rate parameter are great for turning a clap roll into a filtered down drone, so usually I’ll use my OT, but there are ways on the Rytm.

1 Like