Push 3 Users Thread

Yep, when you press the next pad and hit hot swap it opens with the previous sample selected. Tried this with pack samples plus ones in my user library.

If you have a couple of pads then whichever one you hit last is where it starts from.

If you hit another empty pad first then it starts in the default Drum Hits location

4 Likes

Actually not sure I have this 100% right when you hit an empty pad first… it was bringing up the Drum Hits location even if I hit another pad unless I hit hit swap while on that pad.

But it seems that when hot swap is open, you can press any existing pad and it will go to that sample and stay there when you press on the empty one again. So that could actually be quite a fast way of picking a bunch of samples from the same place.

3 Likes

Great news! Thank you!

Only thing left for me is to be able to toggle clips on and off. (Press to launch, press to stop)

As well as triggering clips without selecting the track

Until then, I’m still stoked

4 Likes

I’m getting very close to attempting the Push 3S beta as a consequence of some of these fixes.

4 Likes

Just keep the notebooks far away.

1 Like

Yeah, seems like a really weird omission to me. I’ve also noticed that sometimes if a clip isn’t set to loop, you can’t make it play again even by starting the whole scene, you have to Play a different scene and go back to that one.

At this point I have about five sketches that are 3/4 of the way finished, with just the P3S and a Roland S-1. I think I might try to do a whole album like this.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Duuuude… :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely a bug.

Might want to submit it via centercode, or if not up for it I (or anyone volunteering) can help submit it.

I’ll try to replicate it later tonight (and I’ll tag on if someone submits it first).

3 Likes

Already have! Steps to recreate for the curious:

• Make a clip, put some notes into it
  • Make another clip on a new track, put some notes into it.
  • Duplicate the Scene.
  • In Clip View, set Loop to Off for one of the Clips in the new Scene.
  • In Session View, select the Scene with the non-looping Clip. That clip should only play once.
  • Click the jogwheel to select it again. The non-looping Clip shouldn’t play.
  • Select the Scene with the looping clips. They should all play.

You could probably replicate with empty clips, but since all mine exhibiting this behavior have been clips with stuff in them, I figured it’s best to replicate that scenario.

3 Likes

I’m trying to rename the different colours in Collections in standalone. Anyone know if that’s possible?

Unfortunately, it’s not possible (yet at least).

2 Likes

Whats the benefit of the S-1 vs just using Drift and some chorus effects?

2 Likes

Honestly I just haven’t liked using Drift at all. Which is a bummer because I was excited about it.

1 Like

This is one of those long-time feature requests (predating Push 1, probably circa the first LaunchPads) that I don’t really expect Ableton to ever implement due to some obscure point of internal design philosophy, but it really would be a big improvement if they made this an option.

What don’t you like about it?

You can do this, but you just have to use Live, and go into Clip detail.

Someone else here mentioned that if you transfer the set back to Push, it will respect the clip launch settings.

I haven’t tried it yet

A tale in 3 thumbnails. found it funny

7 Likes

Toggling clips on and off has been possible inside of Ableton for a long time. You can select playback settings on a per clip basis as well. Not sure how Push integrates this functionality but it’s been possible from within Ableton for years.

How… have I missed this. :sweat_smile: Is there a way to set it as the default for new clips?