Push 3 Users Thread

Does anyone recall how much space was available when Push 3 Standalone arrived from the factory?

I tried to do a factory reset but after doing so I have 133 GB available. Seems low if my data was supposed to removed. Also, some of my Projects are still appearing when I connect it to Live.

Thanks in advance!

Some one can check this device?
I normally use clyphx pro with multiple synth chains on my live show.
Waiting for my push 3, want to know if this device works if anyone has it or something similar to make preset synth chains

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/7736/mm-chain-chooser-navigate-chains-and-reduce-cpu

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/4082/mikado-midi-instrurack-chain-selector-2017

I think it should be >200gb

1 Like

209 GB, if i remember right?

1 Like

@MichalHo That sounds about right.

Bleh, file management is really not fully baked on the Standalone…

1 Like

I’ve got the Push 3 hooked up to a mixer via ADAT and am having a heck of a good time. Getting further in putting together a collection of songs into a live set than I’ve ever made it. Might actually have to start booking shows soon!

In short, I’m really enjoying this thing so far. Being able to plan out with a hybrid of computer and DAW, and then disconnect the computer and play through a mixer, is huge. I can’t wait to get back to the Push right now.

6 Likes

which mixer?

Should I sell my Push 2 + Hapax + Digitakt and replace them with a Push 3 standalone? :grimacing:

i dare you, on second thought I don’t dare you… just step away from the ledge

After I get my Push 3, if I like it, I might end up selling my Hapax and Octatrack, had been also thinking about selling my Linnstrument, but will keep that one for sure.

This makes me really hope they plan to add USB class complaint audio support. I’d love to hook up the Push 3 to my Xone 96.

3 Likes

But I’m also planning to try out a more minimal setup by using Push 3 standalone and two Launch Control XL’s stacked vertically like a DJ mixer. Maybe toss in the MF Twister for device control. I thiiiink my preorder should be shipping soon based on other notes in this thread.

BTW does anyone have a MF Twister and a Push 3 standalone? Wondering if the remote script works.

Any news on this? My unit seems to do the same bug like 8 of 10 times I use it, is annoying. What drives me more crazy is that seems to be a hardware problem.

The concept of those pages from the buttons below and the values with buttons and nobs above the screen is great from my experience.
The only thing I think could be done better is to Organize the pages on the same way on all similar devices. It’s different page- and knoblocations for stuff over the synths. So it’s hard to get musclemenory running to access filter cutoff for example.

7 Likes

That was my experience on Push 2 as well.

I really wish Ableton would give the UI a
full once over and make all the bank placements and device UI’s consistent. It feels sort of unfinished to me.

2 Likes

Had my first show with a Push last night and the Push3 standalone crashed twice at the start of our set. How embarrassing.

Once I made sure not to press the master channel button while in Session Pads Mode and Session Screen Mode (wanting to simply adjust an EQ8 on the master), everything went smoothly.

Will try to replicate the exact steps later and file a juicy bug report with Ableton. This kind of stuff happening during a show (while using basic functions) is literally a massive showstopper.

Here’s a video replicating the issue:

10 Likes

Did anyone with the Expressive Chour problem get it sorted in the end? It’s still showing as “buy now” despite my Push 3 serial number being added to my account… I can always send off an another tech support query but was curious if others had this one fixed.

Had it fixed by re-authorising Live

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003788959-How-to-re-authorize-Live

1 Like

that’s done the trick. I think I had last tried that before I had my account updated and hadn’t thought to do it again! Cheers.

No problem :slight_smile:

1 Like