Push 3 Users Thread

Well Ableton did mark my support question as solved. They just didn’t respond to it.

It was polite, btw, so I’m not sure I get that.

They’re working through them. I sent one in early and just got a reply saying it’s already logged, we’re working on it, there’s a lot
Going on!

Credit & break given.

I’m not sure how that relates to mine? I sent mine days ago, it was viewed 30 minutes ago and marked solved, not logged. There was no response. I’m not bothering them about when it will ship, I’m trying to determine what method they are charging, and am being very polite in my communications, so it shouldn’t be a case where they just say “f this guy” lol

Hi People !

I belive I have an issue with the pads on my push 3 controller. When I apply a decent amount of pressure some pads trigger the adjacent pads just below or above. It will also trigger a MIDI event. I am pretty sure I don’t touch the edge of adjacent pad

Is this expexted behavior with mpe pads in general, have you seen it on yours ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/FUU4sboe2SI?feature=share

No, it shouldnt do that. Mine doesnt do it.

You arent the only person its happened to though, I’m sure I’ve seen one or two people on Abletons own forum with the same issue.

Have a feeling I’m getting this too.

Yeah mine was sent June 5th at 10pm. Said to expect to be charged within 48 hours but that hasn’t happened yet.

Yep, I’ve seen it on mine. Happens above, below, left, right, usually only on the central pads. Turning Threshold up in the settings/sensitivity tab will make it go away; sometimes I need as much as 50 to do that, other times 16 or 20…

(support are aware, suggested Threshold)

The “warble” for me is caused by the pad in the opposite direction from the way I’m sliding triggering momentarily, so if I’m going to the right, the pad to the left goes off for a second. Upping the Threshold in settings/sensitivity can make it stop doing that, so give that a try first.

I do know what you mean but I’ve found tweaking my play style and playing with the settings largely balances it out.

My issue is that I’m clearly a little heavy handed with how I play and I doing think the slides work as well under high pressure as they do under a lighter though. Again, I’ve been working on how I play.

For studio use this is all fine with takes and filling gaps with the mouse or whatever but I wouldn’t want to play live with Push if relying on slides. That’s just me though

1 Like

They probably need to work on pad calibration a bit, because I’ve never needed to adjust sensitivity at all in order to avoid phantom pad triggering, not in the middle or anywhere else on the grid, my grid behaves perfectly unlike my touch strip. So not all units are behaving the same in this respect.

1 Like

An unexpected new detail when it comes to my ‘touch strip stuck triggering the top of the strip’ issue…

Hovering a finger above the top of the strip, approx half a centimeter above the strip rather than touching it, removes the phantom trigger! But only for as long as a finger remains floating in this position.

edit: exactly how far I have to hover above the strip seems to vary a bit, sometimes its less than half a cm, but certainly requires me to be above it rather than fully touch it.

1 Like

This phenomen has caused me to experiment with other ways to achieve the same effect as hovering my finger there. It seems that if I rest a USB c charging wire (plugged into a mains adaptor) in that area of the touchstrip, the problem goes away. So now I have a crude workaround I can use on the (for me relatively infrequent) occasions where the touchstrip goes bonkers.

Interested to hear if others with the problem can get the same results from this workaround, or if you find any other handy ways to create the same sort of temporary solution!

The rest of the touchstrip behaves normally while this fix is in place.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have used “warble” to describe this, as that’s the OTHER thing the Push 3 does sometimes, especially when you don’t lift your fingers from chords perfectly. We’re talking about the same thing about X pitch here - it’s tough to do slow, even slides without little “glitches” as your finger snags in the grooves. I agree that a lighter touch helps, but you can still hear it. I’ll try to fiddle with settings and work on my “technique.”(Which is admittedly not very good!)

1 Like

I think that’s a different thing than I’m talking about, but I think I know the warble you speak of! I get it sometimes when releasing chords. I’ll try adjusting threshold if I start getting that again.

1 Like

I just got emailed my payment option and was able to choose credit card or PayPal etc. I originally was going to go with PayPal but decided to use credit card in case I want to return the push. So you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Same here :partying_face:

2 Likes

Sending mine back unfortunately, well, if support get back to me…

I sent a message to Sales support on the 5th as I cant send anything to tech support - the form isn’t available in the UK for some reason. I sent a new ticket today as I just want to return it. In 4 days they’ve had another 1768 support tickets raised :flushed:

1 Like

A shame it never worked out for you. Think you will revisit in a few months time once the shitty stuff is ironed out?

I’m still not convinced I’ll reach a suitable conclusion to my cable issue but fingers crossed. I suppose I could try and find a small battery pack but would really rather not.

1 Like

Honestly, I dont think I’ll go back.

There was a number of things I found quite annoying about the general design of the P3. The main volume and tempo/swing dials drove me up the wall as I always touched them accidentally, bringing up the text on screen telling me tempo/volume. And as fun as MPE is, I’m not sure I’d ever actually find a use for it - though it was great for drums and strings. Poly after touch was nice! Also just found I was using it in controller mode 95% of the time :roll_eyes:.

Just plugged my Machine+ back in, instantly more up my street - even with its downfalls. Just feels fun and exciting to use. Though I totally understand this is my user-case, not everyones!

Sure the P3 will be great when they sort the bugs and issues out. Little disappointed to Beta test at a cost of £2K though :man_shrugging:

Anyway, don’t want to derail the thread and get all pissy. Hope they sort these out and everyone gets to enjoy them! Can really see how they will be great for many people, just not me unfortunately.

12 Likes