Push 3 Users Thread

Sorry, I should have been clearer, with that routing I have 5-8 of the rme set up for adat inputs - which would be 9-12 on the push, but you can obviously changing routing using that template if you would rather use the front four input, it was basically for tidiness that I was only using the back inputs!

And just to clarify - on that template 5-8 input on the rme (which are the rear inputs) should send audio through to 9-12 on the push
As stereo, or however you want to set it

1 Like

Any examples of crazy sampling shit done with push 2/3 ?

Somehow I feel like i was more creative in this sense on Octatrack…

1 Like

Saturday Night Groove for the Push 3 Gang:

15 Likes

yeah, i’m not really feeling it for sampling…octatrack is way quicker, which allows you do get crazy faster

2 Likes

Love it! What did you use?

So let’s say I have a sample (or I quickly create a new sample by resampling something)… is there a video that can give me a sense of what the workflow is like to go from that sample, through adding some cool effects and resampling it, to ending up with something unique and interesting?

On the MPC this was pretty straightforward (though not necessarily super quick): hit Sample, press Rec, assign the sample to a pad, go to Mixer and add some effects to that pad, dial in envelope etc to taste, hit Flatten. Boom, new sample created. I have tried to find a video showing how this is done on the Push (2 or 3 really) but haven’t been successful in my search so far.

Simpler.
Take a sample, convert to Simpler and use the mode that better suits the sampled material:

• classic: for melodic stuff, works polyphonically.
  • one-shot: monophonic, usually for percussions
  • slicing: creates slices either by warping or by tapping a pad and assigning new slices in real time

Add audio or MIDI effects to taste.

If you just want to get a sampled result of what you are playing, resample to an audio track or just freeze and flatten.

5 Likes

Thanks. Some JoggingHouse patches and Glitch Drums from the expansion packs. I then Resampled everything to build the final groove.

2 Likes

I like how this guy goes over Sampling and Resampling on the Push 3:

Having used the MPC One and the Push 3, i personally find the workflow for sample flipping and resampling on the Push a total breeze and flow inducing workflow for how i like to produce music.

7 Likes

Sounds great

1 Like

So all Push 3 Standalone only? I like it!

2 Likes

I made a device to create tracks for recording resampling based on the currently selected track. Say you want to resample a virtual synth you just hit shift+select on the push and a new track will be created with the recording source selected already, monitor off and fx set to pre fx. Hit select+Shift and the same happens but with fx set to post, ready to record/resample.
It’s not free but in my opinion a really nice workflow enhancement, if there’s any interest I’m happy to post the link to it.

1 Like

How well does the P3S sync to an external midi clock? Is it tight? Unlike Live on a computer?

The last time I checked, the public firmware did not support syncing Push3 to external clock. I just checked the release notes on Ableton’s website and I don’t see him and midi input working yet. However looking at the forums, it appears that beta firmware 11.3.10.b2 does support it.

1 Like

Yes, it is a critical feature for me, so very curious how well it works in the beta version.

Even if you dont join the beta yourself, you can still check release notes here:

And indeed a feature for Push 3 is “External Sync can now be enabled in the MIDI tab of the Setup menu, this makes it possible to set up external MIDI clock sync directly from Push.”

As for how tight it is, this is sadly not a subject I am qualified to comment on. And I wouldnt be surprised if different peoples expectations and experiences vary, as ever when it comes to clocks and sync between various different devices.

2 Likes

I have not yet purchased a P3S myself, but if it syncs well, I may do so

I just need to say this.

I love the Push 3.

Week 3 with the instrument, and it is doing everything I want it to do for the way I make music.

Thank you Ableton!!!

11 Likes

I had the chance to try P3S for half an hour at Ableton HQ in Berlin and despite being too short of a test, I was impressed by the bunch of things it can do :open_mouth:

Still, I’m probably going for the controller version, because well, money.

3 Likes

I haven’t regretted buying the controller version at all, because, well, m1 Macs exist and are relatively cheap.

3 Likes