Push 3 Users Thread

Yes all active,

Did you disable the sync output from push to syntakt?

Easter 70% discount :

Where do you all find push 3 compatible M4L devices and what are some good ones to have?

I’m new to M4L.

Fors Lode is an incredible m4L bass synth.

2 Likes

check out the thread on just this topic:

4 Likes

Not working.

After watching the first part of the other tutorial, I think this one would have been the better choice. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Hey thanks for the answer. Not what I wanted to hear but thanks

Ok, potentially dumb question time.

In Standalone mode, what’s the most efficient, playable way to set things up so I can do Jungle-style pitch shifting on individual slices of a chopped drum break when sequencing a song? Would it be to convert the Simpler device to a Drum Rack (and does that work on Standalone? I’m not in front of it right now and don’t remember if that option exists). Is it to set my breaks up in a drum rack and transfer them to the Push? Something else I’m simply overlooking?

Related question: can I transfer drum racks, instrument racks, etc from Live to Push outside of a project? Would they live somewhere in the User Library? I’ve never dug into that side of Ableton much, treating it mostly as a fancy tape recorder, and P3SA is really starting to necessitate doing some deeper digging into features I’ve mostly ignored.

All of your ideas are possible but you can load/sample something and cut it up with P3 SA just fine. Or do it on the desktop and upload it to Push. You can convert a simpler to a drumrack on Push but for the pitch shift thingy it might be easier with sliced breaks in simpler.

As you say, what ever you upload into the user library is accessible from all projects, just like on the desktop

3 Likes

After selling my first Standalone I’ve now installed the upgrade tonight in the replacement controller I had purchased. Upgrade was very easy. Not looking forward to d/ling all the packs. It’s taking forever to transfer my sample library from Ableton as well, and is only 12 gigs.

Tomorrow I need to learn how to install M4L devices.

Make sure your Wi-Fi is fast. I hooked my Mac up to the router with Ethernet, and made sure the Push was near the Wi-Fi, and it was waaaay faster.

Drag and drop in Live! Super easy.

A few days ago, my Live beta stopped launching on both my MacBooks, instead popping up “This beta version of Live has expired.” I was already running the current beta version, but I re-downloaded the beta and re-installed, which didn’t fix the problem. I didn’t see anyone else complaining about this, so I contacted Ableton support. While waiting for a reply, does anyone have any insights to offer?

Meanwhile, my non-beta of Live Suite works fine.

I got an email yesterday saying there was a new version of the beta, with same version number, that didn’t have the timeout available in Centercode.

1 Like

yeah, I see that. It’s actually a different version number with the “b2.” I’ll try it.

Anyone had success running multiple instances of Performer at the same time in Standalone? I’m planning to use one instance for each connected controller for an upcoming live show, will likely end up mapping between 50-100 parameters across three controllers… If there’s a known issues with running multiple instances, I’d love to know about it.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Chopping stuff in Simpler is probably 95% of what I use my Push 3 for - I’m familiar enough with the basics - slicing, pitching up or down, fitting to the grid, etc. My problem is that for this:

There doesn’t seem to be a way to actually pitch up and sequence just one slice and only for a few beats before it returns to normal using Simpler unless I’ve completely overlooked something. This is where I’m wondering if converting to a drum rack might help. But I don’t know enough about drum racks or any potential limitations P3SA may or may not have with them to know if what I want to do would work :slight_smile:

This is where my other “dumb question” bit comes in: how the heck do I save a drum or instrument rack as a preset in Live that can be recalled later or transferred to Push? I’ve never actually seen the option to do so, only an option to set a drum rack as the default. I’m obviously missing something as there’s no way this isn’t standard functionality, but it makes me feel like an utter knob.

1 Like

Not much I can do about plugging into the router, as it is in my roommates office, unfortunately. However it is usually fast, I get about 700 MB/SEC download speeds. It did eventually speed up as well, a little.

And thanks for the info on M4L. I now have minitaur, LFO, Romb, Bokeh, and Songmode installed and usable. I have to figure out how LFO works though as far as mapping. Haven’t had time, as I’m supposed to be working.

You can’t map the LFO device on Push standalone, but this device is made for exactly that.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/9262/free-lfo-for-push

Converting a sliced simpler to a drum rack will let you adjust the pitch on each pad separately.

Click the little disk icon in the top bar of the drum rack you want to save. You may then be able to drag it to the Push.

There’s a weird problem with transferring racks to the Push though. You may have to “collect and save” your Live set first, otherwise the drum rack gets copied across without the samples! There are plenty of videos showing how to do this.

The other alternative is to do the sample slicing on the Push, and convert to drum rack there.

2 Likes