Push 3 Users Thread

Yeah, Max creates a local folder when you unfreeze a device, so the project structure might change along with the dependency paths. FWIW I rolled my own test script to see if a Push 3 was discovered using the same API calls, but seems that I missed a step. Hard to tell when you don’t have the hardware in front of you :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Did Ableton still not sent a Push 3 standalone for development?
Are those guys really not aware? :joy:
I mean if Opal runs on that thing with a nice interface…
Has Ableton lost it‘s focus as a company?

3 Likes

Time for a tip jar on the Fors website, @Ess. (Or some other similar fundraising mechanism!)

4 Likes

Hey I’m new customer with Opal & Kit. Chiral from Ableton…

What else should I add on to get the team a Push 3?

1 Like

All of it. Without a doubt. Fantastic interfaces with well thought out and not overwhelming number of sound design parameters.

(I feel like Doublet is a mini Digitone when you use Opal-Ctrl with it…)

3 Likes

See the first post in that thread: Dataline on Push 3

2 Likes

Next time live vocals. :smiley: When “Come Back” hit I got a big smile on my face.

Thank you for sharing this set – it was great!

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment, but there is no need for that. :slight_smile:

(I did in fact order a Push 3 for us yesterday, I’ve just been putting it off since it’s been out of stock anyway… Just got the email that it’s ready to ship!)

24 Likes

Hooray! I am so happy for you guys! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see what is next. After a hopefully sleepy and happy summer, of course. :innocent:

2 Likes

Amazing news!
The potential is simply - HIGH!

13 Likes

Cenk :slightly_smiling_face:

If you you got access to the upper halls at ableton and ess has a push3 now. Please try to convince them to open up the M4L Api, so the community really can start developing for that thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Go go go! :raised_hands:

Is anyone using a P3S in Standalone with a headphone splitter to create an effects loop with a mono effect pedal? I am not getting quite the results I expect and wonder if it is user error (probably).

thanks!

I haven’t done it yet, but I’ll set it up now.

What’s wrong with the return signal, or what are you expecting vs what you’re receiving?

*Edit, and why do you need the splitter… is it to send the same signal to multiple devices, or are you using the headphone out, splitting the R/L and then return to Push?

1 Like

Thanks for this one.

1 Like

I have a headphone splitter going out from the P3S headphone jack ins Standalone into a Mood.

In the Audio menu I have the Outputs set to 3/4 to headphones, 1/2 to main (connected to speakers).

I set the Output of a Track to Output 3, the “left side” of the headphone output. That Output is connected to the Mood in; the Mood is then connected to Input 1 on the P3S.

Using this configuration I would expect to ONLY hear the Track via Output 3, through the Mood. Turning the Mood fully wet should eliminate the dry signal, but it does not. I do not think I have ever messed with the wet/dry trimmers on the Mood, which maybe is what is going on?

What do you get? When you send a Track to a particular output does the P3s only send the signal on that Track to that output?

1 Like

Changed I/O settings: Headphones 3/4
I sent track 1 via External Out to 3/4
*Added Utility to change signal to Mono, since it’s a stereo recording.
Separate Audio Track receives audio on 1

I’m using MOOD also and I believe I’m getting a blend of Dry/Wet when is maxed.

I need to double check the manual for MOOD, but I think this is a CBA/MOOD issue (or setting).

1 Like

I took a look at the manual on this point and I don’t have any Ramping on. I can’t recall if I messed with the trimmers, but I would have wanted to set them so I could have a fully wet signal. I know I opened it up and adjusted trimmers, but I think that I adjusted input sensitivity, not anything to do with wet/dry.

You’re right… from the manual:

All the way CCW is 100% dry signal and wet volume increases as you turn this knob CW. In maximum CW position, there will be no dry signal.

1 Like

Looks like I might have to find another way to test. Gonna put a pin in it for now to try it out with something else…

Edit: Thank you very much for testing it out! :smiley: