Push 3 Users Thread

Hi. It works, just rename „Push2“ to „Push3“ in Push.js

I didn’t find the P3 API to be different than for P2, at least not when it comes to grabbing and handling controls.

7 Likes

You can create a new midi track and route to an individual pad in a drum rack on another track.

1 Like

@elxsound just a thank you for being so helpful!

1 Like

Anyone else have issues when sliding up on the pad with a lot of pressure, it triggers the lower pad?

I’ve had to set my threshold to 23 to make the pad usable.

That makes sense. Probably better to do it that way so the instruments stay on one track. In Ableton there’s always a million ways to do something. At least 2 or 3 anyway.

1 Like

Haven’t had this issue… but it might be hard to know just how much pressure you’re applying.

Is this for applying aftertouch?

And was the sensitivity set to its default before you changed it?

Mac when in control mode and in control mode the numbers aren’t that bad, and I think this is fixable in firmware…

Oh, cool! For some reason this didn’t work on my end (well, for my friend who was testing it anyway)

It didn’t work for me as well at first, it’s the „require“ in there that threw me off but I suck at js anyway. Could get it to work with the correct filepath, meaning the js files he imports are in the max devices folder after unfreeze. Hope this makes sense somehow :joy:

Slowly moving away from Elektron gear.

Is this is trend?

1 Like

Yeah, Max creates a local folder when you unfreeze a device, so the project structure might change along with the dependency paths. FWIW I rolled my own test script to see if a Push 3 was discovered using the same API calls, but seems that I missed a step. Hard to tell when you don’t have the hardware in front of you :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Did Ableton still not sent a Push 3 standalone for development?
Are those guys really not aware? :joy:
I mean if Opal runs on that thing with a nice interface…
Has Ableton lost it‘s focus as a company?

3 Likes

Time for a tip jar on the Fors website, @Ess. (Or some other similar fundraising mechanism!)

4 Likes

Hey I’m new customer with Opal & Kit. Chiral from Ableton…

What else should I add on to get the team a Push 3?

1 Like

All of it. Without a doubt. Fantastic interfaces with well thought out and not overwhelming number of sound design parameters.

(I feel like Doublet is a mini Digitone when you use Opal-Ctrl with it…)

3 Likes

See the first post in that thread: Dataline on Push 3

2 Likes

Next time live vocals. :smiley: When “Come Back” hit I got a big smile on my face.

Thank you for sharing this set – it was great!

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment, but there is no need for that. :slight_smile:

(I did in fact order a Push 3 for us yesterday, I’ve just been putting it off since it’s been out of stock anyway… Just got the email that it’s ready to ship!)

24 Likes

Hooray! I am so happy for you guys! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see what is next. After a hopefully sleepy and happy summer, of course. :innocent:

2 Likes

Amazing news!
The potential is simply - HIGH!

13 Likes