Push 3 coming soon to Sweetwater

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Push3--ableton-push-3

How things have changed for Ableton. I am not surprised they have opened their push distribution chain again. Anyone care to speculate? BTW: I own a Push 2 and Live 12 so I am fan of Ableton.

Then others will follow, I don´t think they are the only one. It´s either self distribution or all I think.
Makes sense. But the Price still makes not that much sense. And the what about different upgrade kits? Is there still only the one option? What about custom ones with more power?

Yeah I noticed it at Sweetwater and was very surprised at first. I check GuitarCenter and Perfect Circuit but only seen at Sweetwater so far. I wonder if SW will be a repair center.

…i’d guess, they made a much better profit with the decision to self distribute, cutting the middle man, for the first few batches, they’re now ready to widen/open up the distribution again…
will lead to more batches further sold and lower endpricing…

what i’ve heard so far, from people that got the standalone version in use, the expansion kit does not really need that much of further more expansion, end of the day…

Push 3 controller version direct from Ableton now says Sold Out.

I would bet on exactly the opposite: dealing with international shipping, customs, etc. are all a major pain that require staffing to get the paperwork right. Instead of making better profit, I suspect Ableton has learned precisely how much value the distribution network provided and is slowly building it back up.

3 Likes

…also possible…but i’m not so sure, if the classic dealership/retailer/distribution network takes away that many production responsebilty and paperworkstress for real, while it defenitly cuts the profit margin…
does anyone know where push hw get’s produced/assembled?
to get them shipped and have them in stock is pretty much the same thing at first, no matter if u deliver them to individual online orders one by one exclusively or in biggger batches to retailers…
either way u gotta make sure, they work…no factory can really do that for u…if ur into selling hw of any kind, it’s always u, the brand, that has to run the final testing for each single unit…

Push 2 is assembled in China. I would be very surprised if P3 was any different? I have tried to find out but have failed as yet. Maybe someone with P3 chime in?

2 Likes

Did ableton initially say that push 3 would forever be exclusive to their webstore?

It’s not that strange for a company to start direct then expand once production ramps up. Maybe they wanted to get the firmware to a certain point (or pre-load ableton 12) since units will be on shelves?

2 Likes

I think when you scale quickly or have a popular product the unforeseen is always the post-sale or support phase which will eat away profit margins ie; you produce 1 unit but that customer reaches out 20 times for support etc.

Not saying proper customer support is like a burden but here Sweetwater is taking on that role