Push 3 - Audio interfaces / Digital Mixers

Will do. Thanks.

Have sent you a PM.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Started all over, following your instructions and fixed it.

1 Like

Do you know how to determine the Push 3 ADAT sync settings? It’s not listed in the manual and I’ve seen a couple folks post about it here as if it exists. It must be buried in a menu.

If on a mac, put push in controller mode so the computer recognises it as an audio device.

Then go into the native Audio-Midi program and you can change it in there

1 Like

If you’re on a Mac, try the Audio Midi Setup app. More info here, including input gain settings.

1 Like

Thank you. I was able to confirm it was set correctly and a little more fiddling and I got everything working as expected. I appreciate all the help I’ve been getting from this forum. All the nudges in the right direction kept me going!

5 Likes

Wanted to say thanks for this, I’ve had my 18i18 in storage while we had some work done on our house, but now I’ve got it all connected via ADAT on the Push 3, and this post and discussion got be all setup in about 10 minutes!

3 Likes

same here!
big ups to @elxsound & @earthangel for being so extremely supportive (last not least via PM)

(fyi my either adat cables or 18i20 were broken, why the setup wasn’t working for adat out (p3s) > adat in (18i20) > replaced both and now working like a charm :heart_eyes:)

3 Likes

Hey all! Big ups to the Elektronauts for helping point me in the right direction.

With some help from this forum, Ableton Support and Focusrite support I got everything working with the Push 3 in a similar way when I was using a laptop and the 18i20 with Push 2. I went ahead and made a blog post (mostly as a note to myself how it all works together for when I eventually forget), but also to help anyone else out that is experiencing the same task.

2 Likes

Nice one. Would be nice to have 2 xlr mic preamps included. Want to go for a record session with a pair of condenser mics.
Actually I have to use a Tascam DR40X for his xlr inputs, preamt and send the line out to my push 3

Just adding to the list that the Alesis ADAT AI3 is working great with Push 3.

1 Like

Hey @elxsound – I’ve got a new Clarett+ 8Pre and I’m trying to follow your instructions here. I can get the interface synced with the Push 3, and get appropriate I/O via ADAT.

However, I can’t figure out how to choose the “Master Out” on the Push 3 as shown above so I can specify channels 9/10 rather than the default 1/2. Do I have to be in controller mode to do this, or can I do this when in standalone mode? I seem to be able to choose the ADAT outs for each track individually but I’d much rather be able to send everything to the same ADAT 1/2 pair for day to day use.

Thanks for any tips you can offer!

EDIT: As is par for the course, asking a question on a public forum usually means you’ll find the answer a few minutes later. For those of you like me, who had hadn’t read the manual as carefully as I should have, here’s the button that selects the master track where you can set the appropriate channels to send to master:

5 Likes

Thanks for this. I was going to look into this tomorrow.

Cheers!

1 Like

How did this turn out?

Would you mind to describe your experiences with the Push 3 and
the Cranborne 500 ADAT. I am curious :nerd_face:

it works great! I only have two modules so far in the Cranborne - I have a patchbay hooked up to it as well so I can easily reroute things. I only have two 500 series modules in there (2x Cranborne Pres) still but I record everything through them for some extra color going into the Push. The different channels are easily accessible when setting up your external input on Push.

1 Like

Hi!

Which settings do people have with ADAT?

I have an RME UCX II and I’m trying to go with UCX II as the clock source, and Push clock source set to ADAT in, but do others have good recommendations for stability? Are there some gotchas re: 44.1k or other sample rates, or am I good to use whatever?

I have been happily ignorant concerning what I’ve been using, but now that I connected a PC to the RME, it started exhibiting some funny behavior.

Not sure if I’ve missed it here or elsewhere, but is there a running, thorough list of mixers and/or interfaces that are guaranteed to be ADAT compatible with the P3? Standalone here.

Crazy deal on B Stock Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen. Cheaper than on the Focusrite refurb site even. Picked one up to pair with my P3SA.

https://reverb.com/item/36490905-focusrite-scarlett-18i20-3rd-gen

I’m looking for a small, class-compliant USB audio interface with ADAT, to use with the iPad.

The midiDSP USBStreamer B mentioned above looks perfect, but is out of stock everywhere in Europe, including the manufacturer’s site.

Any alternatives? All I need is USB and ADAT. No analog I/O required.