Push 2 alternative

It’s interesting that there’s so little online about the Mixface. A lot of online stores appear to have it listed as out of stock or discontinued.

I’ll be 38 years old next month, so obviously I opted for black. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

for just 8 faders, if you can find one in good condition, seek out a JL Cooper Fadermaster. (the smaller one with the grey fader caps)
I had one for a few years. Sold it and wish I hadn’t.

Got it! What I meant is: yes it’s a glorified transport controller, but what a nice one it is! :wink:

There’s also the Berhinger X-Touch Compact, have you seen that yet? I’m not a fan of Behringer for all sorts of reasons, so don’t have hands on experience with that device but it could match what you’re looking for maybe? (Or also too big?)

Oh shoot. I’ve been trying to think of the name of that thing for a week or so. They were stupidly expensive for what they are back in the day.

I got one for $50 and sold it for about that much.
Big regret.

Mostly used it for Rytm perfs. Should have kept it for OT levels/eq.
Built like tanks.

Haha yeah it’s lovely.

I have seen the compact but when I checked the dimensions it was too high (I know I’m being really fussy - just don’t want clutter or reaching over things!). They’ve also got that tiny one fader thing with the encoders, but that’s more for the control of plugins.

The faderport is a one fader affair, but it has track select which is appealing as I can get access to all, but in a smaller format.

I don’t really care for behringer on the whole myself, however I have zero complaints about the xr18 so I’m at least open to them now. But I think I’d rather something that wasn’t them just in case :smile:

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s a great price.

Nowt in the bay or reverb

Gosh darn it

These guys have a simple MIDI fader bank:

https://www.nakedboards.org/

1 Like

There is also the 16n Faderbank:

Though it might be difficult to get one unless you are willing to build it yourself. I think there are a couple of group buys happening over at llllllll.co

2 Likes

There stuff looks very interesting, nice spot!

Oh wow- these are great!

I’d need another controller for transport. I can’t see anything with pads on their page- any suggestions?

Building myself is not an option unfortunately, as I have the skills of a one armed gorilla with arthritis.

I jusy remembered the Machinewerks CS X51 by Black Dog.

Still making them by the looks of it.

Couple of faders short though. Or am I being fussy?

1 Like

:rofl:

Pretty large.
That thing is much larger than the Launchcontrol XL

I’ve checked some videos, and you’re right. It’s more in line with the big machines. Very nice controller though.

I’ve just ordered a faderport. I’ll give it a go and if it’s not for me, I can return for a refund.

I shall report back

3 Likes

This caught my eye:

https://www.nakedboards.org/mc8.html

Review: https://cycling74.com/articles/hardware-overview-the-nakedboard-controllers/

1 Like

Problem there is you’re getting no solo / mute / pan OR transport.

I have been using a Maschine jam to control Ableton but it’s been problematic so I’m likely to get an Akai APC 40 Mk2 at some stage.

The Faderfox looks lovely but very expensive and I’m unsure about its usability compared to the Akai.

Here you go! EDIT: Just realised its black gloss plastic so guaranteed to look like shit with fingers prints and dust at all times. Damn manufactures are stupid using that finish.

1 Like