Push 2 >£600 wtf

It was only £500 a few months ago?? Brexit repercussions shit or price hiked up everywhere? I already grabbed one a few months back but curious on that current price…

Brexit. :confused: It’s only going to get worse too, at least we’re only complaining about costs of gear and can still afford food.

1 Like

I apologise and withdraw my comments on Brexiteers.

2 Likes

I thought it was the Euro crashing?

So it’s only become more expensive to UK customers? By an increase of £100…
That’s shit/worrying…

Wait … according to the convertion rates of today

GBP 600 ~ EUR 674

We get Push2 bundled with Ableton Live Intro for EUR 694 at Thoman, including taxes. This seems pretty much the same price, well maybe not exactly, but … no Brexit, I think … :wink:

Debasement of currencies all around…a race to the bottom…only way theyll pay off the crazy debts theyve ran up is to steal wealth from exciting money supply and give to their mates in the banks…

Shits not even out of second gear yet…

Yeah but how much did it cost in euros a few months ago? The same or quite a lot less?

It was £500, now it’s £600. I don’t pay as much attention to news etc as I should do. Too damn depressing. Just wondering if this is a direct result of brexit/weak pound…

:frowning: Watched some of that new Adam Curtis film/doc on iplayer the other day, pretty disgusting world out there :frowning:

Yup I got myself educated on currency creating etc a few years ago…if people only understood it theyd be a revolution tomorrow. I try not to pay much attention to it these days…rather depressing and tbh things are just gonna have to play themselves out.

Itll be a combination of weaker euro and pound i recon.

1 Like

SOS stated Nov. 2015 the prize would be € 699. This seems pretty much the same today, at least in Euro …

http://www.soundonsound.com/news/ableton-launch-push-2-live-95

But I am not sure that the same software was bundled as today. Nowdays there is the Intro version.

1 Like

Deleted. Perhaps some moderator can deal with insults being thrown around here

You need to see that this post is inflammatory … in general, politics is best avoided, that ain’t easy, I learned by starting a brexit thread before the outcome that it does not end well … it always escalates … escalation is when it ends up with phrases being thrown around like that … so please edit the post or it will be removed to prevent any further antagonising of anyone

I may think brexit was a tragic outcome for the UK, but I don’t think the price of Ableton goods is where the concerns lay for me … those elements aren’t even on the list of things to be concerned about

However, we have to disagree respectfully, even on clearly emotive matters

I see a user with Trump as his avatar and background … I can’t tell if it’s ironic (even though i’d hope it was) but it does seem unnecessarily provocative … to me, even though my contempt for Trump is black and white it can’t spill out into alienating Trump supporters … at least not here if we want to keep it civil, it’s too hot a potato to handle … like brexit

so @123alastairj, we need to see the name calling withdrawn
@all. best if we let the politics angle slip away too, it is what it is, the pound is not in great shape and will likely be that way for a while whilst brexit begins to take shape
thanks

4 Likes

Deleted to help diffuse this

^ Two wrongs don’t make a right. No threatening tone will be tolerated. Disagree respectfully

I did suggest we dropped the political line, so even though I also disapprove of the [now magnanimously deleted] snarky ‘censorship’ line, let’s not let this one gain more momentum

The guidelines show that you can flag a post for moderation, don’t police it yourself or take the bait

I also flagged the censorship post, it’s an unhelpful (if realistically an understandable) reaction, but when looked at in terms of the broad picture about why we’re here hopefully you all agree it’s best to play down the political overtones … it just cannot end well … or at least it can only potentially end well if we are courteous and concern ourselves with forwarding a debate for everyone’s benefit, rather than winning it

I did not threaten anybody. I have not insulted anybody. I have not shared my political opinion here, unlike you. I will PM you to take this out of general discussion. I have no wish to further inflame the situation.

1 Like

Apologies. I have changed the snarky line.

5 Likes

Perhaps you could stop sending me PMs calling brexiteers twats also. Thanks!

You PM’d me, goading me. Stop being a baby and trying to misrepresent what actually happened. Regards. I have apologised to the board. Subject closed.

NOOOOOOOO! I thought Elektronauts was a beautiful realm of just music and gear away from the tragedy of politics. What is art if we can’t exhale the problems of the world and be free for a moment?

I made this song solely from the fart sample at the beginning of the track in the OT. Enjoy this shameless plug of the music I made and let’s not infect this wonderful forum with the cancer that is politics

https://soundcloud.com/ryanpiersoninc/fart

2 Likes