Purge samples (huh?)

Hi, I’m afraid this is my turn for a series of Noob questions…still cleaning up and setting up my workflow :wink:

The manual says:

PURGE SAMPLES will remove all unused samples from the project. Note that samples are only removed from the Flex and Static sample slot lists of the project; the actual samples will not be deleted from the audio pool.

So I cleaned up a test project to keep only the patterns/parts/banks I wanted to keep (in this case, really simple: 1part, 1 pattern), I cleared all the “testing” stuff (patterns, parts), I did “collect samples”, then I went into the flex and static slot lists and there were 10 or so samples that aren’t used anymore in this project, so I did “purge samples” but that didn’t work. I got a “0 samples purged” message and all the slots remain populated. I doublechecked all the banks and parts and there’s strictly nothing in there except the bank and the part I wanted to keep. What did I miss?

Probably because they are being used in the Project?

Which Slots are not being purged? If they are Flex 001 to Flex 008; or Static 001 to Static 008; then they are being used.

2 Likes

They are in slots 001 to 008 Flex, 6 of them are not used at all, and there’s nothing else in the project anymore as far as I know, and I doublechecked all banks and parts…

What about sample locks?

Then they are being used as the Track Default Samples.

Unless you have gone through and changed the Track Default Samples on all Parts in all Banks; which I assume you haven’t based on your original post.

5 Likes

Ah! Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that function at all… I knew I was missing something, thanks for clearing that up! So guess I need to move them to upper slots to get rid of them.

Essentially, yes.

1 Like

Just experienced something weird, so the (huh?) in the topic is a good fit.
Lets say you have a static track and assign a sample and place a trig. If you now change the track to flex and purge samples it will not delete the sample, assigned before to the static track.
Also when you assign a sample to track 8 and make that a master track after, the sample will not be purged. Just tested one a empty project.
Ran into that on a full project without space left for samples but about 10 unused samples not being purged by that problem.
I would call it a bug. What do you guys think?

Which slot ?
Slots 1-8 aren’t purged unless you change all parts 1-8 default assignations…

I used slots 10-13 to test. In my project I found master track blocking slot 65 from beeing purged