Pulse wave seems to be too buzzy

Today I received Analog Four and it is absolutely fantastic. I am trying to dial in simple pulse wave without any filters or movements. I set pulse on osc1, disabled all other oscillators, fully open both filters (ladder filter with 25 resonance as noted in manual), no overdrive, no effects. But the pulse seems to be too buzzy. You can see it on the picture below.

Am I doing something wrong or is this shape normal?

The square wave (or as close as it gets to one) is a bit off centre on my unit.
It varies from about -2 to -7, between oscillators.
Try moving the pulse width knob until you hear it become square, though it never sounds completely pure.

Another trick: use “transistor pulse” and turn pw to around -19 / -20…
Or you could use a sub-osc without the osc itself to obtain a more squareish wave.

I’ve got a feeling the pulse widths change with frequency on the AK/A4, which is a bit weird, so you can set almost perfect pulse for one pitch, but an octove up or down and it’ll be totally off again. No idea why it’s like this.

Yes, I’ve found that too.

Yep, I’ve yet to experiment if there’s a way to set Pitch Tracking to Pulse Width to ensure the pulse width stays the same at any frequency, it would be good if it were possible as it’s the way every single other synth I’ve used since 1992 has worked. :slight_smile:

How it is now is fine for things like pads or strings and adds to the “analogue feel”, in that every pitch sounds a little different timbrally, but if you want a square wave acid line, then you want a square wave acid line…