PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Trashbat!

1 Like

:joy:

I’m waiting for mine <3

Now you’ve had it a few weeks has your opinion of pulsar changed in any way? I Like your examples posted.

No, it’s pretty cool, lots of stuff to do, and it can have a variety of personalities. Working thru Vlad’s demos pays off in getting a hands on feel for how it operates. My primary hope was always to be able to use it as an electronic drum kit with an external controller. I just got hold of a BomeBox that I have to program to enable the P-23 to respond to MIDI velocity in the way I need it to.

1 Like

BomeBox totally saves the day on this one, thanks to the fabulous advice I got in this other thread.

Nice to hear that you got it working with the bomebox. It was simple to accomplish, wasn’t it?

Relatively easy, I suppose. BomeBox is geeky, so there’s a learning curve that requires some patience. The P-23’s MIDI velocity response requires some trial and error to come up with an optimal velocity curve. Plugging in a Keystep works well enough out of the box, but for the more finely-tunable Zendrum, I’m finding that its best to have different velocity curves per module, so now you’re working with conditions and variables in BomeBox.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Badass.

Rev. B. boards of my Pulsar Buddy are back from fab, built, tested, and working!

Very quick video here:

More info now up in the Github project Wiki: https://github.com/mzero/pulsar-buddy/wiki

If you’d like to get one from the batches I’m building this month and next, or this summer, or to just stay informed: fill out this form: https://forms.gle/6PLBLpajDFj6HGya8

13 Likes

Does anyone get a sustained note when a module receives MIDI velocity FF=127? I thought I once read this somewhere, but now I can’t find it. My BASS module reacts like that, at least in PRC mode, and I hope that’s not a glitch. What I’d really like to do is disable that behavior if possible.

Nick Batt has his hands on one and has a quick preview here (full review to come):

Sounds amazing!

2 Likes

That bass sound when he turns the distortion up!
Wow.

3 Likes

Old autechre in a box.
I’d love one but I’ve got too much gear not being used.

Just checking between two code compilations… I dig this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Trying not to watch more videos as I’m forever waiting on the list, but this is really cool.

2 Likes

Oh man, that whole range of sonic possibilities is hard to resist. My wallet is fine with it not being available in numbers … :wink:

12 Likes

For fuck’s sake. I’d told myself I’d be ok with my DFAM and Lyra.

Why did I watch that video?!

6 Likes

How is this real, at 5:32 what in the world is that…

Sounds like a Transformer or something. Holy COW

4 Likes