Proper way to save so the OT is in the same state when I power it up?

This confused me…haha. Damn, this is the stuff I don’t fully grasp.

I can tell you now, when I double click track 1 - it does not highlight a recording slot. It goes below those 8 and highlights the sample I saved to in slot 1.

Ok here is what I have done:

Sampled a break from a record and some synth stabs into flex tracks 1 and 2. Saved and assigned the samples to free flex spots ( went to 1 and 2)and also saved sample settings for both. So now the names for each sample show up when i press track 1 or 2. I then mangled up each sound - sequenced, effected and LFO’d them., plus made 1 scene B so far to slide into. I again saved the sample settings.

I hit save all parts and then save project. I am going to power this off and hope for the OT to open tomorrow the same way I left it.

My plan after this is to make more scenes and possibly another part as well so I can live jam this when i’m ready to record and keep it evolving over 4-5 minutes. So hopefully I am on the right track here. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Tomorrow, no problem. But it last only 24h. :pl:

2 Likes

@BassesAndPads

I wrote this up on another thread, may be of help?

Oh yes…this is awesome. So each part is a totally new setup essentially?So in Part 2, I could record a new take on my synth into a record buffer and put that into a free flex spot and it would go to track 1. Then I could switch back to track 1 and the first take sample would be playing with all the chopping/lfo FX I put on it.

If this is all correct, is it also correct that part 2 could have totally different effects and scenes than Part 1 as well?

1 Like

Yes, but the stage about save and reassign to flex/static is what frees up the buffers for your next part, if you don’t do that you will record over the buffer contents.

My advice would be start a new project and follow what I wrote and try it out to get a feel for it, once it sinks in (and it can take a while, it did me at first) you always remember it, like riding a bike :wink:

Really appreciate your help. This sampler is so damn good and fast for getting complex modulations going, it just takes some time to grasp it. I have been reading the manual, watching some MacPro vids and reading everyone’s helpful posts and it has greatly accelerated the process for me. Ill be hopping to the studio to turn it back on soon and see if I did everything right in my saves, haha.

Also I should add, I recorded my analogue synth into the OT and used 16 bit. I normalized the sample as well and I think it sounds great. I have gone back to the synth, played the patch and listened to the OT sample and I am quite happy with the sound. So for me, the sound quality of the machine is fine.

2 Likes