Is there a way to quickly save all recordings with session?

Flex tracks from my experience are completely volatile - meaning they are deleted when the OT is powered off, right?

For years now, every time I record into a flex track I have to go and save it as an audio file and reload it (“save and assign sample”) and then set the track as a Static. Today I thought “hey, it can’t be like this forever dude. Isn’t there an easier way?” Isn’t there an option yet to just be like “Yo, OT take everything I’ve recorded and store it!”

Yes, search SAVE ALL RECORDINGS in the manual. P46 of the MKI, not sure for MKII

Cool. Found it. I guess I still need to switch my flex to static and reload the recordings though…

1 Like

You can play them back from Flex too.

You are getting flex and record buffers mixed up, flex is a machine type, record buffers are the 8 slots where you record into. You can load the contents of the record buffers into static or flex machines, or record and overdub into them with pickup machines.

Start.

So, let’s assume you set up the 8 tracks as flex tracks and you assign each record buffer to its respective track (I think this is what you are doing already?) Now go to part(1) save part, copy part, paste onto next part(2) but now go back to part1.

You record a sample into the record buffer on track 1, and you are happy with the sample, now you need to save the sample and assign it, you can assign it to self (not recommended, *I’ll explain why later) or you can assign it to a free flex or static slot. Choose assign to free flex, now double tap the track 1 button, and you should see your sample at the first free flex slot (move down the list below the recording1-8 buffers) select it and press yes, it is now loaded to track 1 and the record buffer is unassigned to track 1 (although the contents remain)

Repeat the process for your other tracks.

Now you have 8 samples assigned to 8 tracks, these will be in your current part(1)

*Now you can reuse the 8 record buffers to record another 8 samples in your part2, go to an empty pattern, and copy part2 to part3, set part2 as active, repeat as required the sampling process above.

When you are happy save the project, and save the parts in case you want to tweak but might need to go back without having to reload the project.

Hope that helps.

5 Likes