Projects: No "reload" after "save to new"?

and I assume this gets clarified in the great new OS that will come with the mkii’s :slight_smile:

Nope. New OT MKII user here, and as a longtime paranoid computer user, the first thing I did was make copies of stock projects via “Save as New” so that if I destroyed anything, I could revert. That’s exactly what happened: destructive changes to my copies. I kept re-doing “Save as New” to create working copies and found no way around the destruction. Forum search found this thread, and now I do a save after every save as new. I also went back and did a save on the stock projects in case I ever bump something. What a chore.

2 Likes

It should be called “copy as new”. :content:

5 Likes

I get the ”the project state has never been saved! Nothing to reload” even though I have saved the project many times. I solved it, when the same problem turned up a year ago, by Save to New and then I could Save and Reload. Until now. Had to Save to New AGAIN. Now it works. Silly. Or am I missing something?

And. I can’t load audio files to my Flex slots. I get an Error message. Static works. Any ideas? Will mail support though

Do you mean Save?
No saved state after Save to New, it behaves like this since a long time. I don’t think doing Save As New twice would solve this.

Memory Full, wrong audio file specs?

No. Save didn’t help. It says Done (as if a Save has been done) but if I then make changes in a pattern and chose Reload, it says that no Save has been done so there’s nothing to reload

No, the samples I try to load in Flex slots are possible to load in Static. Plenty of memory left

I read that someone couldn’t load samples in Statics, and it was possible with Flex. Wrong format.

Where did you check available memory? Once a guy increased Reserve Length > not enough available memory.

Maybe a problem with your project, corrupted files.
If project is saved, you can check if there are .strd files* in the project folder.

*A new project has .work files only.
A saved project has additional .strd files, a copy of .work files. When you use the Reload function, work files are replaced by strd files.

Yes, if your project is corrupted, Save to New can correct errors.